Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dating triathlete [Trixi55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trixi55 wrote:
Ok,not where????? I do not explicitly want a traithlate but I just can't find anyone here in this small city, I do not have friends here neither family apart from my teenagers. I just want a nice partner whatever he does but it seems like impossible.

I live in small town too and it's hard for single people here to find partners. I do have a wondaful single friend who has been looking for a while. He is a close friend and neighbor. He is divorced with a 22 yr old son who has his own apartment. He is a competitive open water swimmer and does a bit of running too. He is such a lovely man. But we are over 3,000 miles away from you in rural Vermont, USA.

I'd like to believe there is someone out there for all of us. I am sending you my best wishes.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It can be challenging to find quality available humans the older we get…but not impossible. Dating a triathlete can be a really amazing and fulfilling adventure and if that is something that you are interested in looking into then putting yourself out into the same waters as other triathletes would be one way to meet other like-minded individuals.

Are there any local-ish triathlon clubs, running clubs, or masters type swim groups near you that you could join? That would be a decent place to start and could help you grow your network of friends in the sport.
Last edited by: PartyHat: Jan 26, 23 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Here are all the proven, tried and tested tips you'll need.
I can't guarantee success with them, yet I can, almost, guarantee you'll have a pretty good time, until you don't.

You can thank me for doing the years of research and hard work for you.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7324996#p7324996

I think I said this before, but your advice of "volunteering" for a big race and Tindering the whole weekend is just gold.
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [PartyHat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are really good suggestions!

I'd agree dating a triathlete is a wonderful adventure and one i'm happy to be enjoying... economies of scale make traveling much easier and way more fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, I dropped out a few years ago as I have been in a serious relationship ever since.

Stay out of Craiglists personal's by the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [PartyHat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a small town, I know everyone who is doing triathlon,swimrun or running and all of them are in a relationship. Also it is Sweden, people are very in social and closed. :( ( I am not swedish originally)
I might try this "onsite tindering" but that must be like somewhere abroad.
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deantrives wrote:
I'd agree dating a triathlete is a wonderful adventure and one I'm happy to be enjoying

My wife would disagree. She claims that when we first started dating I was "doing some sort of race every weekend"

My collection of bibs, preserved in a few scrapbooks, is evidence to the contrary, but I've learned to just say "yeah, sorry about that"

She also likes to say that we were dating for more than a month before she saw me "in the daylight"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [STRINATION] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STRINATION wrote:
Trying to date into your 40's is digging through the dumpster of the dating world. It is not worth your time, effort, money or sanity. If they are not knocking down your door, let it go, they are not and will not ever be that interested in you, no matter how much you invest in the pursuit.

Don't chase. Replace (with pursuing your career, focus on your kids, develop your athletic potential).

Show us on the doll where and how she hurt you.
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [Ewynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ewynn wrote:
My advice... Dont look for someone that does this sport. Find someone that lives a healthy lifestyle. I tried to date "Triathletes" for 18 year before I met my wife. She runs and does yoga. It's so nice having our own hobbies that we can support each other at. You dont want someone you are either half wheeling or trying to half wheel you.

Ditto...
My ex was my "twin"...it didn't go well.
Present wife : she's just my opposite, and generally hates sport (plays a bit of tennis though). And since ten years it has been just perfect.
...and to be comprehensive, though I like triathlon very much, I now appreciate to socialize out of the triathlon world....(not that I dislike speaking of high elbow, carbon frame, and HIIT....but not 24/24....)
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [Ewynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Every day is like survival. You're my lover not my rival."
Culture Club

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I created an online profile after 20 years of marriage and a divorce. Met someone who did not really do sports other than gym and yoga. But who is very happy to cheer me on and to come to my races for moral support. We just got married. I wish everyone a partner like that.
I would never want to date a triathlete lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trixi55 wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I am a single 46 yo triathlete ( +doctor) with three teenagers every other week. I do can make free time for dating but I dont really find anyone near who is interested in sports and free! Everytime seems to be in a relation. Tried little online dating but did not find any site that is more for people who train. Live in a quite small town where people are quite closed, not very social. ( in Sweden) I don't have any friends here either.( all are living in other countries)
Does anyone know a date site for triathletes or peolple who are more active? Or any tips I could use? Thank you :)

I can't think of anything worse than dating a triathlete!
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bypasskid wrote:
I created an online profile after 20 years of marriage and a divorce. Met someone who did not really do sports other than gym and yoga. But who is very happy to cheer me on and to come to my races for moral support. We just got married. I wish everyone a partner like that.
I would never want to date a triathlete lol

I think this is the key. Having a partner that supports you and believes in you. And will be happy to be your sherpa (helps you at the event) and support at an Ironman or similar endeavor. It doesn't get better than crossing the finish line at a half or full Ironman and seeing my husband just outside the finish area. Now the other key is making sure you give back to your partner. Support him/her in their hobbies/passions. In the off-season, make time for him/her, more than you would during the heavy training periods.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:

Sure you can!!! Use your imagination!!!

Maybe start with something easy and work from there - like a swarm of fire ants!!! LOL

Just to clarify --- we're talking about dating a triathlete, which implies an ongoing personal investment, involving making plans and spending time, vs. a random post-race/T3 hookup in the parking lot

Right?

Last edited by: RandMart: Jan 30, 23 10:17
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey OP, adding my $0.02 here. I had a friend who was long-term single and lamenting the lack of quality singles in the market.

My advice to him (which I know have to remind myself of, as I just recently found myself to be single and concerned about the dumpster-fire that appears to be the singles scene in my area) was this:

Finding a person is like finding a job, the perfect ones come on the public market very infrequently so you 1) have to always be networking, 2) be subscribed to all the public places one of these "jobs" might come up, and 3) be maximally flexible in your requirements while also getting what you want.

For #1, join clubs directly-aligned with the type of partner you are seeking. That could be a tri/running/cycling/skiing/etc... club; multiple clubs/groups are best. Let people know (subtly) that you are in the market for a partner. Remind people occasionally. Be patient, eventually this may bear fruit.

For #2, online dating all the time, you have to be always reviewing new profiles and updating yours - like a resume and job board.

For #3, make a list of "must haves" and if you don't find someone after 6 months that reasonably fits the bill, then there is something wrong with the pond in which you are fishing (might have to move) or your requirements.

A long time ago a friend gave me great advice when I was single (and annoyed about it) and looking - "man, either be patient or move" - I didn't move, but I was patient. I may have to move this go-around as the late 30's/early 40's singles scene here is (as mentioned above) a dumpster.

Good luck in your search!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Sure you can!!! Use your imagination!!!

Maybe start with something easy and work from there - like a swarm of fire ants!!! LOL

Just to clarify --- we're talking about dating a triathlete, which implies an ongoing personal investment, involving making plans and spending time, vs. a random post-race/T3 hookup in the parking lot

Right?

I still have scars on my knees from my last parking lot tryst 20 years ago haha
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
RandMart wrote:
... vs. a random post-race/T3 hookup in the parking lot

Right?

I still have scars on my knees from my last parking lot tryst 20 years ago haha

👍😎

Serotonin is a helluva drug; add a couple of post-race beers and it's a volatile combination

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 years ago there was this site called sportdate.
Mixed people there mostly runners then.

Think there is a group called "Singel Klingan" on FB some friend talked about.

Know what you mean, know or "know of" probably 90% of swedish triathletes, small family here in Sweden.
Atleast of them regulary att races other tham IM's.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Dating triathlete [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
...vs. a random post-race/T3 hookup in the parking lot

Right?

Parking lot... Classy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next