Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blu joins On
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen any post yet.

Christian is joining On.

Paula Findlay has also been confirmed recently and Chelsea Sodaro is also switching to On.
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [roadbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roadbiker wrote:
Christian is joining On.
Paula Findlay has also been confirmed recently and Chelsea Sodaro is also switching to On.
Christian who?
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
roadbiker wrote:
Christian is joining On.

Christian who?

Maybe McCaffrey will wear On cleats for the NFC Championship game and Super Bowl.

;-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought he was already wearing On at Kona? There was a whole thing about how they made him some prototypes and he switched over
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the other Norwegian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow,

This is quite interesting, as from the reviews the current On's are pretty average. Maybe these new Pebax ones are super.

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrickster wrote:
Wow,

This is quite interesting, as from the reviews the current On's are pretty average. Maybe these new Pebax ones are super.

When the ultra high stack ones are banned, they'll be running in the Cloud Echo Boom 3. They are supposed to be better than the older carbon plated Ons, which were not competitive, but I think it would be surprising if they touch Nike, Adidas, and Asics. I'm sure they are being well compensated.

On has been investing a lot of the track side as well. Their original track spikes were so bad that the likes of Ollie Hoare wouldn't run in them and they were responsive and now make spikes that are at least in the same ballpark as the Dragonflies, so they are working on it.

Their shoes and clothes are just stupid expensive though. It's a joke. A pair of Cloudmonster trainers is more expensive than a pair of Vaporflys. Sorry, that's just stupid.
Last edited by: USCoregonian: Jan 25, 23 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
thetrickster wrote:
Wow,

When the ultra high stack ones are banned, they'll be running in the Cloud Echo Boom 3. They are supposed to be better than the older carbon plated Ons, which were not competitive, but I think it would be surprising if they touch Nike, Adidas, and Asics. I'm sure they are being well compensated.

On has been investing a lot of the track side as well. Their original track spikes were so bad that the likes of Ollie Hoare wouldn't run in them and they were responsive and now make spikes that are at least in the same ballpark as the Dragonflies, so they are working on it.

Their shoes and clothes are just stupid expensive though. It's a joke. A pair of Cloudmonster trainers is more expensive than a pair of Vaporflys. Sorry, that's just stupid.

But you can lease them now (the Cyclon anyway)!

https://www.triathlete.com/...ir-of-running-shoes/
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their shoes and clothes are just stupid expensive though. It's a joke

___

Price point pain is relative I suppose given we are spending $300 now for a pair of runners. My problem with ON is their toe box is so tight i cannot even run a mile. I honestly do not get the attraction to this brand. I DO like it was started by Olivier a triathlete but thereafter.......their shoes for me suck. And i don't have wide toe box needs. I run a standard Adidas, Nike, Saucony, NB etc. Never had a problem. Walked around a running store in On and was like NOPE. Don't fit. Not even close.

must be big $$ to sponsor these high profile players. Having Federer in the ownership fix has its financial backing priviledges i guess.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure money is a factor, but when Iden signed, Bu mentioned a big reason was On's willingness to make custom shoes/prototypes. Supposedly they made several prototypes for Iden over the course of a few weeks leading up to Kona and they tested better than Alphafly. If On made custom shoes for Blu/Iden, there'd be a lot of potential. But those shoes will not be legal going forward, so the benefit may be lost. Too late to un-sign at this point, and might be stuck with their below-par stock shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've also been known to let their athletes wear other brands if their shoes aren't up to scratch. Chris Thomson (UK Olympic marathon runner) was an On athlete in 2020 and ran the GB Olympic trials in Nikes, publically stated in his interview afterwards that On had let him wear the Nikes as they didn't have a shoe as fast.

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/news/a35962429/shoes-chris-thompson/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of heavy ON trainers and they're faster than the fastest lightweight racing flats I've tried. (That doesn't include carbon-plated supershoes - never worn any).

The pods or whatever they're called are the bomb.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Jan 26, 23 2:11
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recently did half marathon race and definitely Nike dominated the field followed by Saucony, Asics, Hoka, Adidas…etc. I barely saw Ons. On the other hand, my gym is crazy packed as usual in January and I’ve seen many people wearing Ons and Hokas. I used have a pair(Cloud) and I gotta tell you they were the longest lasting pairs. They were so durable and well made and lasted forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Their shoes and clothes are just stupid expensive though. It's a joke

___

Price point pain is relative I suppose given we are spending $300 now for a pair of runners. My problem with ON is their toe box is so tight i cannot even run a mile. I honestly do not get the attraction to this brand. I DO like it was started by Olivier a triathlete but thereafter.......their shoes for me suck. And i don't have wide toe box needs. I run a standard Adidas, Nike, Saucony, NB etc. Never had a problem. Walked around a running store in On and was like NOPE. Don't fit. Not even close.

must be big $$ to sponsor these high profile players. Having Federer in the ownership fix has its financial backing priviledges i guess.

I wanted so much to like their shoes, but had a similar experience to the above. For me, it was the stack height, I felt like I was being launched forward. I am an Endorphin Pro runner but have Hoka's, Vapourfly's, Salmon Trail shoes, Asics Gore-Tex etc and never have an issue. The ON intrigued me but within 5 steps in the store I know they were not for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntl_tri wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:
thetrickster wrote:
Wow,

But you can lease them now (the Cyclon anyway)!

https://www.triathlete.com/...ir-of-running-shoes/

this is an interesting concept
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So their first inroads to sponsorship on the tri side were who? Trying to find who they sponsored historically who's no longer with them.

Looking at their roster now the longest guys are Tim Don and Tom Bishop. Not exactly guys at the pointy end, Bishop if he gets out of trying to still be an Olympian we could see something. Then Javier Gomez Noya, big name. But hasn't really done what people always think he's going to do in Long Course and is. Then Matt Hanson (and gosh can he run). So of their first four it was 3 older dudes and one younger guy.

Then this year was a huge push with On Athletic Club in track.

Then in triathlon another huge push to start 2023. Gustav, obviously. But then you've got Kristian, Chelsea Sodaro, Paula Findlay, and Frederic Funk.

Tossing a lot of coin about!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Blu joins On [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Hanson has been with them for a couple years at least. Paula’s deal is for three years.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply