Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elon Musk: Free speech someofthetime-ist
Quote | Reply
 https://theintercept.com/...musk-modi-india-bbc/

Officials from India’s ruling right-wing party said American tech companies like Twitter and YouTube complied with demands to remove the documentary.

TWITTER AND YOUTUBE censored a report critical of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in coordination with the government of India. Officials called for the Big Tech companies to take action against a BBC documentary exploring Modi’s role in a genocidal 2002 massacre in the Indian state of Gujarat, which the officials deemed a “propaganda piece.”

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jan 25, 23 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk: Free speech someofthetime-ist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Musk is a liar and a laughable hypocrite.

But now l am curious to see this BBC documentary. Looks like youtube has pulled it down ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jan 25, 23 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk: Free speech someofthetime-ist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Modi is a serious piece of shit. It is not just the documentary but Twitter also reinstated a bunch of Modi's trolls who spew hate toward Muslims.

Musk’s Twitter Reinstates Hindu Nationalist Accounts That Disparage Muslims - WSJ

Quote:
Some of the accounts that were suspended had been reported for posting hate speech aimed at religious minorities in India, according to groups that reported them. Upon their return in recent weeks, some have tweeted material denigrating Muslims and others.

The tweets include a debunked video that the person who posted it claimed showed a Muslim cleric spitting on rice before serving it to others, another calling Pakistani Muslims “rectums,” and a retweet of a user who called the Quran “the source of all evil.”

You can watch the doc on BBC iPlayer using a VPN.

Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk: Free speech someofthetime-ist [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
There is doubt that Musk is a liar and a laughable hypocrite.

I agree completely.
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk: Free speech someofthetime-ist [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
There is no doubt that Musk is a liar and a laughable hypocrite.

I agree completely.

You only think there is doubt?

Wow, you must not like him.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk: Free speech someofthetime-ist [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slick edit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Slick edit.

Hey, it's what Elon would do.
Wink

But thanks for the help with catching my typos for me!

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
There is doubt that Musk is a liar and a laughable hypocrite.

I agree completely.

It's probably wrong to censor this video, though, isn't it? There are apparently even power cuts in places trying to screen it in India. I don't know enough about the film to know if it is indeed, propaganda. Though the BBC is typically pretty credible.

India knows that with its population it has social media sites over a barrel. India can crush daily active user counts if it wants to.

It's also a huge conflict of interest with Musk. Given Musk's huge Shanghai Tesla factory operates at the pleasure of the Chinese government. Though Twitter is banned in China, it has millions of VPN users. And apparently Musk's loosening of propaganda and misinformation regulation has resulted in Chinese bots drowning out its use for, for example, organizing protests. I have zero confidence in Musk taking a principled stand for free speech when the Communist Party calls asking for something.
Quote Reply