Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sentia - the cure for a hangover?
Quote | Reply
I was reading about this last night, a company sells non-alcoholic drinks that can (sort of) emulate the warm buzz you get from having a few alcoholic drinks. You obviously can't get rotten drunk from it, but it give you a little kick. Apparently. And no hangover. Anyone tried it?

https://sentiaspirits.com/collections/non-alcoholic-spirits
Quote Reply
Re: Sentia - the cure for a hangover? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
I was reading about this last night, a company sells non-alcoholic drinks that can (sort of) emulate the warm buzz you get from having a few alcoholic drinks. You obviously can't get rotten drunk from it, but it give you a little kick. Apparently. And no hangover. Anyone tried it?

https://sentiaspirits.com/collections/non-alcoholic-spirits

Considering alcohol is the main culprit (when drinking) for dehydration and consequently the hangover…I’m shocked…utterly shocked that a non-alcoholic beverage doesn’t result in hangovers.

It’s not so much that Sentia is the cure for hangovers…it’s that Sentia is simply another non-alcoholic drink that doesn’t get you drunk…and that’s not really a surprise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I googled them. They have developed a synthetic compound called Alcarelle, which targets the GABA brian system. It still has to go through testing and approvals.

The current spirit they are selling includes herbs which work with the GABA system. Like many herbal supplements I suspect that it has little or no efficacy.

Speaking from experience I hope that they are successful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally anecdotal, but a few weeks ago, my wife brought home some delicious non-alcoholic beers, including a fantastic hazy IPA. I had one (and no alcoholic drinks), and felt hungover -before- I went to bed. Obviously alcohol doesn't do great things to us, but I think many aspects of hangovers have nothing to do with the alcohol and everything to do with other stuff in alcoholic drinks.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they just pour a bottle of gabapentin into their mixture?
Quote Reply
Re: Sentia - the cure for a hangover? [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or passionflower. Hope in a bottle as usual.

https://www.mountsinai.org/...y/herb/passionflower
Quote Reply
Re: Sentia - the cure for a hangover? [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ruby1 wrote:
Do they just pour a bottle of gabapentin into their mixture?

Undoubtedly. And that can give you a buzz of sorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Sentia - the cure for a hangover? [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't but will read about it. Hopefully Canadian Pharmacy Online will have some information about it.
My best cure for a hangover is aspirin and lots of food, but the best of course - to don't take any alcohol.
That helps a lot, proven many times already.
Last edited by: MitchMcCrown: Jan 31, 23 2:52
Quote Reply
Re: Sentia - the cure for a hangover? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
Totally anecdotal, but a few weeks ago, my wife brought home some delicious non-alcoholic beers, including a fantastic hazy IPA. I had one (and no alcoholic drinks), and felt hungover -before- I went to bed. Obviously alcohol doesn't do great things to us, but I think many aspects of hangovers have nothing to do with the alcohol and everything to do with other stuff in alcoholic drinks.

You're in NZ right? Was the hazy beer Garage Project's Tiny? That's the best non-alcoholic beer I've tried.
Quote Reply
Re: Sentia - the cure for a hangover? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the Tiny, quite good. The one that gave me the alcohol-free hangover was the Behemoth one (green can), which is still very tasty. Give it a rip if you haven't already.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply