Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stages SB20 question. == well maybe any Stationary bike [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duncan wrote:
Could it be from the belt slipping? In resistance mode, I have also noticed that, for the same virtual gear, over a number of intervals I have needed to increase pedal rpm in order to maintain the same power on each interval, which does not seem right.

The belt is toothed, so its not slipping. Only thing I can think of, is its not increasing the magnetic resistance quick enough?

But yes, Mine has a hum and thrumming feel - but its much quieter than anything else I've had indoors. You might be able to dial out the thrumming as the belt could be slightly out of alignment and is rubbing on the cog at the front. I've had the case off - but decided it wasn't worth messing with.

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Stages SB20 question. == well maybe any Stationary bike [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pulled the trigger last night on the SB20 after seeing this from zwiftinsider:

https://stagescycling.com/...vad=239821_c2df6a365

Hard to beat that price at $1500 shipped with 1 year of zwift. I figured I could configure the bike for both my tri and road positions and I'd be able to let my wife use it if she wanted. Biggest issue is going to be... what saddle do I put on it?

ETA: I just saw you ordered the bike 10 days ago. Now I feel like an a--hole.
Last edited by: bearlyfinish: Jan 25, 23 8:17
Quote Reply
Re: Stages SB20 question. == well maybe any Stationary bike [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrickster wrote:
Only thing I can think of, is its not increasing the magnetic resistance quick enough?

I had wondered this also. In any case, this apparent lack of electromagnetic braking is not a sensation that you have experienced on your SB20?
Quote Reply
Re: Stages SB20 question. == well maybe any Stationary bike [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bearlyfinish wrote:
I pulled the trigger last night on the SB20 after seeing this from zwiftinsider:

https://stagescycling.com/...vad=239821_c2df6a365

Hard to beat that price at $1500 shipped with 1 year of zwift. I figured I could configure the bike for both my tri and road positions and I'd be able to let my wife use it if she wanted. Biggest issue is going to be... what saddle do I put on it?

ETA: I just saw you ordered the bike 10 days ago. Now I feel like an a--hole.

Don't you missed the other thread where I praised their Customer service, for calling me and telling me I ordered a tablet holder for an outdoor bike, than asking why I wanted a 2nd tablet holder, (cause I thought it didn't come with one) They emailed me a free return shipper to send it back when it shows up. an hour later I get the zwift offer in the mail, call them back, oh yeah I'll credit you the $500 and put your email on our maillist to get the zwift code sent to you.

It shows up tomorrow, can't wait.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply

Prev Next