Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tupper LAke 1/2 Ironman ????s
Quote | Reply
I am signed up to do the tupper lake 1/2 ironman in late june and was wondering about the course. I know the bike course is fairly hilly but how hilly is it? I have a 2 bikes, a tiphoon and a nice road bike. Will the aero advantage of the tiphoon be out weighed by the weight on the hills? Also what is the run course like? At least the swim is flat!

Thanks,

JW

JW

Retired from Running since 2004...
Quote Reply
Re: Tupper LAke 1/2 Ironman ????s [NYTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am doing Tinman for the 1st time this year.

This thread ran last year - some good info:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...string=tupper;#31864
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. The real differences between the aerodynamics of one bike over another are of really no consequence to most. Ride the bike that you are most comfortable on, thet you can develop the most power for the longest period of time and that alows you to ride in a reasonably aero position for extended periods of time. The two things that have the most dramatic impact on aerodynamics are body position and wheels.

2. The Tupper lake bike course is rolling. There are no really long hills. The course rolls for almost the entire 56 miles. To my knowledge it is still out-and-back, so you will get a good sense of what you have to deal with on the way out.

3. Run course is a real treat - most of it is on an old abandoned road that runs through a deep and thick forest. Unfortunatly the last mile is along the highway and not that scenic

4. Swim is indeed flat! However, the final leg is directly into the rising sun - you can't see anything!! Tinted goggles are a must.

A great race that has been around for a long time. Dates back to the early days.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Tupper LAke 1/2 Ironman ????s [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The run course has been changed for this year's event. See TUPPERLAKEINFO.COM for details.
Quote Reply
Re: Tupper LAke 1/2 Ironman ????s [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks

That's a shame. I loved that run course.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the other posters. The swim, in my estimation, is a little long and the sun on the way back in is brutal. The hills are no big deal on the bike. Nothing very steep or long, I think I stated aero for 95% (or more) of the ride. The run is changing this year so I can't comment on that. It's a great course, although out of T1 I was stopped to let traffic go by for like a minute!
Quote Reply