Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th
Quote | Reply
Events are as follows:

70.3 = $20,000 = capped at 100 participants % based
70.3 Relay = limited slots
Olympic = capped at 50 participants
Olympic Relay = capped at 50 mixed with open
Open Sprint = no cap
Club Sprint = no cap
Collegiate Draft
Legal Sprint = no cap

The 10th annual Wildlife Loop Triathlon will take place on September 9th, 2023 in Custer State Park, South Dakota, and offers the most challenging 70.3 course there is. This will also be the South Dakota State Championship race through USA Triathlon. However, to make this challenge more appealing to participants there will $20,000 in prize money split $10k male, $10k female. The prize money will be based off of 100 participants. Although there are a lot registered already, if there are only 60 participants in the 70.3 that is 60% of the prize money, 70 = 70% etc. The prize money will roll down several places deep.
This race also has an abundance of wildlife and will be the only course you will be able to race on that has Buffalo you can possibly see on the same course, along with other wildlife.(Don't Pet the Fluffy Cows)

The 70.3 Will be capped at 100 participants and the prize money is open for ANYONE, so if the race fills up and there are no pros, well then there are no pros competing. Simple as that. There's been many times in the past where no pros raced. So far the 70.3 race is over 15% filled and filling fast so don't delay. When people ask how hard this race is I just tell them its not, the swim is flat.

$3,000 1st
$2,000 2nd
$1,500 3rd
$1,000 4th
$ 500 5th
$ 500 6th
$ 500 7th
$ 500 8th not guaranteed atm
$ 250 9th not guaranteed atm
$ 250 10th not guaranteed atm

There will also be a Sprint Distance as an Open wave and Club(which we're working on hopefully including prize money for the top club, but not set in stone yet. Please message me if your club would be interested in something like this).

We will also have a draft legal Collegiate wave which more details are to come.

As for swag you'll be receiving an engraved beer glass, t-shirt, finisher medals, age group awards, and a swim cap.
Remember if you're wanting to compete for prize money there are limited spots and early bird pricing will be going on for only a few
more days.

If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks~

https://www.facebook.com/wildlifelooptriathlon/
https://www.wildlifelooptriathlon.com/
https://www.facebook.com/events/735175468231753/?active_tab=discussion
Last edited by: BrandonZelfer: Feb 28, 23 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [BrandonZelfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks interesting, wish it was a tad closer to me.

I looked at the website briefly but could not find the exact distances of each leg for each race distance, and almost no information on the sprint. It seems to be non-standard with the Olympic swim being half the 70.3 swim, which is fine but it's just good to know the details.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [jwmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the sprint is new, but looking for a better way to include all that information on the website so people don't have to keep scrolling. Hopefully though in a few days everything will be updated and ill have a better layout for the website and all information will be included and easier to view with distances, elevation gains etc. I just wanted to get it at least posted and out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [BrandonZelfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious to hear more. This seems to be a local 70.3 but you are offering 20k prize purse? Is that paying top 3-5 in each gender or deeper than that? What is the goal of offering prize money at a smaller race like this?

Is the draft legal race only open to collegiate athletes?
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [piratetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry on this late reply. We changed it to a percent to slow down registrations because people were saying they don't know their schedules yet etc. It will pay down to 7th guaranteed. 8-9-10th places money might be used for a different prize pool. Undecided atm. There really isn't a goal, I don't profit off this race, so I just want to keep it a cheap unique local race that offers prize money to where even non pros are able to compete for it.
As of now the draft legal would only be for collegiate. If I knew there was enough interest in a draft legal for that area(we lack the local population to have one) then I would probably put one on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brandon, sent you a PM with some questions

Venue looks great, and it looks like it has some great nature around it!

I started out doing the Lake Tahoe Tri series here in Northern California and have always enjoyed the swim-bike-run-sightsee type races.

Dominic Pollizzi

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. You've got me considering a week long road trip that would include this race, visiting Yellowstone and doing some fly fishing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just in Custer last summer for a few days. While I was running there I was amazed how good it would be to have a race there. The decided foot/bike path that runs so, so long is amazing.

I loved it out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [mikedonia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Learned to fly fish on Grace Coolidge pond close to the Lodge at Custer State Park. Don't tell anyone, but between there an University Pond below Pactolia, I'd suggest a Winston 5 weight ;)

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [zestypollizzi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Might be a little more challenging of a course here though! Thanks, I sent you a reply!
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, its such a nice area. So much to do and see here as well. And the wildlife here is very good. Thats awesome that you were here and I hope you're able to make it here for the race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up! Looking forward to seeing the fluffy cows.

Will be flying in from DC

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon - $20,000 in prize money - Custer State Park, South Dakota-- September 9th [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You won't be disappointed. In the DC area also, but did this race back when I lived within driving distance. Would love to go back

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply