Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TrainerRoad price change for legacy members [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was paying 99. Now raised to 189. Big increase.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad price change for legacy members [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

jn46 wrote:
Strava have just announced a nearly 30% fee increase for UK users.[/quote] [/font]

DCR [/font]just savaged Strava[/url] over their confusing price increases. I mean climbed up onto the ropes and did a diving 450 elbow drop. [/font]

I'm still confused that though the famous "Tylenol" honesty and transparency is univerally lauded in business schools, etc, companies still try to obfuscate and send out press releases using bizarre corporate-speak.

"...we are consistently investing in the value of our subscription experience to deliver a best-in-class digital experience"[/font]

[/font]
Save that crap for impressing people in the C-suite. Speak English to us customers.[/font]

[/font]

[/font][/quote]
This is why I am loyal to TR and have zero allegiance to Strava. TR is very convincing in seeming like it cares about its customers and really wants to do right by them. Strava feels like it is run by an inexperienced, but ruthless, private equity firm.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad price change for legacy members [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
I would wager that the vast majority of customers are legacy, but not all legacies are created equal. They only in the last year or two changed the price from $15 a month to $20 a month (and $149 a year to 189 a year).
That makes sense. The increase is truly targeting the recent legacy customers at $15/$149.
trail wrote:
DCR just savaged Strava over their confusing price increases. I mean climbed up onto the ropes and did a diving 450 elbow drop.
I think DCR could write a musical about Strava titled "How to Suck at Business Without Even Trying."
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad price change for legacy members [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually just logged in to cancel my TR subscription. During that process, they noted that my current $99/year fees was set to go up to $189/year. Seeing that, I decided to maintain my membership with TR and renew at my current rate.

TR essentially retained my business by allowing me to keep my lower pricing instead of my cancelling altogether. I doubt this is common and most users wont check and their fees will increase.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad price change for legacy members [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
I actually just logged in to cancel my TR subscription. During that process, they noted that my current $99/year fees was set to go up to $189/year. Seeing that, I decided to maintain my membership with TR and renew at my current rate.

TR essentially retained my business by allowing me to keep my lower pricing instead of my cancelling altogether. I doubt this is common and most users wont check and their fees will increase.

When the notice came out last month I elected for the legacy pricing. Followed all the directions in the email and submitted my selection.

This morning I got an email saying my account subscription expired and my account was canceled, but I could renew at $189. I’ve had my account on auto renewal for 7 years….apparently when they launched their pricing update they reset my account to not auto renew. Unreal.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad price change for legacy members [Birch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet you just email support about the issue and they will correct it. Nothing about the way TR seems to run makes me think they are out to screw anyone and seem to try to accommodate everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad price change for legacy members [Finigan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. They’re very responsive and not the type to try and pull a fast on on their users

I’m grandfathered on the $99 a year plan but am planning let it switch to the $189 plan. I’m fortunate enough that an extra $7.50 a month won’t break the bank and I find a ton of value in TR so I’m happy to throw some extra money their way to help them continue to grow

Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next