Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone do 2022 Erkner 70.3?
Quote | Reply
There were only 1600-1700 participants, so I know the odds are low.

But, did anyone on here do this race last year? It was the first time for the event and I wonder how it went.

I'm considering what race to do in Sept (this would be my A race for the year). It's not too difficult to get from the US to Berlin, so I'm thinking about this race.

TIA

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do 2022 Erkner 70.3? [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't do it, but as far as I've read, the race wasn't without adventures. The bike course turned out to be different from the one mapped in the website, and it had multiple narrow sections where passing was prohibited. Also, it was invaded by at least one cow.

I did consider the 5150 for 2022 or 2023, and will consider it for 2024 again, because the venue's proximity to Berlin makes it very accessible to European residents such as myself (including by train).

There might also be a risk to signing up for races in eastern Germany? 70.3 Dresden was cancelled in 2022 just 4 days ahead of the intended race date, with 2500 signed up. There's not going to be a race in 2023 at all.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Mar 21, 23 5:37
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do 2022 Erkner 70.3? [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update. I think I'll pass on this for 2023. That would not be fun to have good expectations and the event to not occur as planned, especially if I'm coming from the US.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply