Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If there only was one.
Quote | Reply
Reading the threads about different triathlon stores and how good they are/ or not, created this longing for just one shop in this godforsaken country (Norway) with a couple of triathlon bikes, some wetsuits, aerobars and things like that. I would pledge eternal allegiance to that shop, be humble, never express any doubts about the soundness of their advice and make a comitmen to use at least 1000 dollars in that shop every year.

Dream on

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Re: If there only was one. [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you've got the start of a great business plan for yourself. Open up the store yourself!

Dawn
Quote Reply
Re: If there only was one. [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Open a tri shop but also sell x-country skiis so you can survive over winter. People do x-country ski in Norway don't they?(just kidding).

I'm surprised that triathlon isn't huge in Norway. Look how your little country cleans up in the winter Olympics. Triathlon would be great summer cross training for your winter athletes. How is the tri scene in Sweden? Same as Norway?

Where in Norway are you? I have an old friend in Bergen. Haven't seen him for years but should get over for a visit some day.
Quote Reply
Re: If there only was one. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Open a shop? Me? Wouldn't last a year. The problem is the market of course. Without greater interest in the sport (100-1000 triathletes, depends on how you count) it's difficult to stock a shop with the goods "we" want. And when you have to do a lot of work to get your hands on a wetsuit, it's a hinderance for anyone thinking about starting up.

You should think that skiiers could be converted to triathletes and some are. I don't know, but I think that their real competitive in a huge sport all winter and the idea of competing in a micro-sport during summer isn't that tempting.

Live in Oslo. Uhhu wife is comming gotta run.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply