Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gwen back to tri [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]

USCoregonian wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
14th. Says she is upset. Won’t quit though.

Not sure what she expected after not doing the sport for 7 years?

Short course racing has progressed tremendously since she's been gone.

it surely has, but this was a world cup race , the two italians she brought up to the front group stayed in the front group on the bike , so it was actually quite close to make a top 5 .

Re: Gwen back to tri [asianzone] [ In reply to ]

asianzone wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Yeah just watched the short recap. She did look honestly disappointed and surprised at her result.

I think Gwen would be more competitive at middle distance. At 36, her top end speed is no longer there compared to everyone else especially if you have been out of the sport for 5 years. Although Duffy is 34 but she hasn't been away at all

With middle distance, she can bring all her past experience especially on the run and be competitive but she needs to put in the hours obviously, can't just show up!

I wonder if she has regrets moving to the track/roads, with the way the PTO has boosted payouts in long course racing. I'm guessing the plan is to shift to the longer distances after giving 2024 Olympic qualification a go. The short course racing now should help her get her feet back under her if/when she decides to move up. I think her 14th was solid & that she shouldn't be so hard on herself. She finished 3rd at a Continental Cup & now 14th at a World Cup. That seems about right with the step up in competition. The Olympic distance should help with the longer run. She came out of the water down 30s in a Sprint. 3rd fastest run. She can still improve a ton. The problem is that the US is stacked. She beat Sereno but Ackerlund had her well beat. Still 4 Americans ahead of Ackerlund.

I think she could make a decent living at long course now. She'll be able to make up a lot of time on the run.

Re: Gwen back to tri [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]

dcpinsonn wrote:
asianzone wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Yeah just watched the short recap. She did look honestly disappointed and surprised at her result.

I think Gwen would be more competitive at middle distance. At 36, her top end speed is no longer there compared to everyone else especially if you have been out of the sport for 5 years. Although Duffy is 34 but she hasn't been away at all

With middle distance, she can bring all her past experience especially on the run and be competitive but she needs to put in the hours obviously, can't just show up!

I wonder if she has regrets moving to the track/roads, with the way the PTO has boosted payouts in long course racing. I'm guessing the plan is to shift to the longer distances after giving 2024 Olympic qualification a go. The short course racing now should help her get her feet back under her if/when she decides to move up. I think her 14th was solid & that she shouldn't be so hard on herself. She finished 3rd at a Continental Cup & now 14th at a World Cup. That seems about right with the step up in competition. The Olympic distance should help with the longer run. She came out of the water down 30s in a Sprint. 3rd fastest run. She can still improve a ton. The problem is that the US is stacked. She beat Sereno but Ackerlund had her well beat. Still 4 Americans ahead of Ackerlund.

I think she could make a decent living at long course now. She'll be able to make up a lot of time on the run.

She has constantly said LC doesn’t appeal to her and she won’t be doing it.

I agree the PTO races are her best option.

Re: Gwen back to tri [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]

SheridanTris wrote:
I agree the PTO races are her best option.

People don't appreciate how hard the LC women bike these days (and run). I just don't see her being super competitive with strong fields like a PTO race.

blog

Re: Gwen back to tri [stevej] [ In reply to ]

No mention of how she's now with Cannondale?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Gwen back to tri [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

Old news. Addressed awhile back. Best bike ever. Blah blah blah.

Prev Next