Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Holly Lawrence mislead 4 miles off bike course at Bahrain 70.3 [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.trstriathlon.triroost.com/...-unfortunate-number/
2015 article with partial list of athletes: "The team’s lineup s a who’s who of contemporary Ironman greats, including current World Champion Sebastian Kienle, Jodie Swallow, Javier Gomez, Daniela Ryf, James Cunnama, Joe Gambles, Luke Bell, Caroline Steffen, and Terenzo Bozzone."
https://bahrainvictorious13.com/about/
I see Gentle and Kanute left the 'team' last year.
So now Blummenfelt, Mislawchuk, Parker, Luis, Brownlee A, Beaugrand, Ryf, Plese, Taylor-Brown, Shoeman, Lawrence, Frodeno, Skipper and HH are the team's athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence mislead 4 miles off bike course at Bahrain 70.3 [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but why does team bahrain 13 exist ... to cover up the death of Bahrainis . there was really no need to call it 13 otherwise. //

The sheik is a pretty avid triathlete himself, and we have seem over and over what these billionaire fans can do for the sport and its athletes. Sure looks like it was meant to be some sort of cover up, but one second on google and Baharin 13 shows it did not work. So if that was the goal, well that ship sailed and we are left with extreme fandom that keeps the team going, or just some country pride too. And looking at the list they have had since inception, it must be quite a big check they write every payday for this group, cannot even imagine.

I wonder who is managing the team in this regard? Would be fun to hear some of the salaries, bonuses, and perks the team enjoys. We had a similar team back in the early 80's, the JDavid triathlon team. Tons of cash flowing, all to come crashing down years later as the most elaborate pyramid scheme of all time(later to be surpassed big time by Bernie Madoff)
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence mislead 4 miles off bike course at Bahrain 70.3 [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
To @Kingy who says "I agree that the moto messed up. But, the fact that there are 3-4 volunteers on every corner, police at every major intersection, and a cone every 5m for 90km. It really is a well marked course."
Is/was this a "Fact" or are you surmising? So if that well marked and changes of direction volunteer marshalled, how could the moto 'possibly' mess up?

Very much a fact. Like I said, I raced yesterday and in 2018 and 2019. The bike course is coned off the entire way. 60 of the 90km is in the inner most lane of a 3 lane highway and everything else is very straight forward. Sign posted with volunteers (or police at major intersections). U-turns are "dead-ends" with no possible way of going through them.

I don't know exactly where she went off but I can only think of 1 or 2 places where it could've probably happened but even those I'm surprised with. Honestly the lack of cones would've given it away straight away so who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence mislead 4 miles off bike course at Bahrain 70.3 [Kingy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kingy wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
To @Kingy who says "I agree that the moto messed up. But, the fact that there are 3-4 volunteers on every corner, police at every major intersection, and a cone every 5m for 90km. It really is a well marked course."
Is/was this a "Fact" or are you surmising? So if that well marked and changes of direction volunteer marshalled, how could the moto 'possibly' mess up?

Very much a fact. Like I said, I raced yesterday and in 2018 and 2019. The bike course is coned off the entire way. 60 of the 90km is in the inner most lane of a 3 lane highway and everything else is very straight forward. Sign posted with volunteers (or police at major intersections). U-turns are "dead-ends" with no possible way of going through them.

I don't know exactly where she went off but I can only think of 1 or 2 places where it could've probably happened but even those I'm surprised with. Honestly the lack of cones would've given it away straight away so who knows.
Thank you for the first hand assessment. As I said early in the thread (? post #4), a lesson for the swim strong pro athletes (or amateurs where there's no pro field) liable to be leading the bike: if lots of cones turns to 'no cones' be alert to the possibility you are off course.
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence mislead 4 miles off bike course at Bahrain 70.3 [airhol2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
airhol2 wrote:
I know this is in pink

he actually wrote in purple, which means he is half joking...

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence mislead 4 miles off bike course at Bahrain 70.3 [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Kingy wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

Thank you for the first hand assessment. As I said early in the thread (? post #4), a lesson for the swim strong pro athletes (or amateurs where there's no pro field) liable to be leading the bike: if lots of cones turns to 'no cones' be alert to the possibility you are off course.

from what i understand, Holly realised the error pretty quickly but having been led on to a road with a median barrier, traffic and no traffic management, she had to keep riding to find somewhere she could turn around.
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence mislead 4 miles off bike course at Bahrain 70.3 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
but why does team bahrain 13 exist ... to cover up the death of Bahrainis . there was really no need to call it 13 otherwise. //

The sheik is a pretty avid triathlete himself, and we have seem over and over what these billionaire fans can do for the sport and its athletes. Sure looks like it was meant to be some sort of cover up, but one second on google and Baharin 13 shows it did not work. So if that was the goal, well that ship sailed and we are left with extreme fandom that keeps the team going, or just some country pride too. And looking at the list they have had since inception, it must be quite a big check they write every payday for this group, cannot even imagine.

I wonder who is managing the team in this regard? Would be fun to hear some of the salaries, bonuses, and perks the team enjoys. We had a similar team back in the early 80's, the JDavid triathlon team. Tons of cash flowing, all to come crashing down years later as the most elaborate pyramid scheme of all time(later to be surpassed big time by Bernie Madoff)

i belive its still Chris Mc Cormack managing the team. .
Quote Reply

Prev Next