Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barks&Purrs wrote:

In this Newsweek story the sheriff says he had a “word of prayer with her” when he went to question her.

https://www.newsweek.com/...utages-1764547?amp=1

"Dear Lord. Thank you for using your almighty power to shut down the power for this show. We are glad that we were able to help you by putting some bullets into the transformers. Thank you for guiding our bullets as we know you could not have done it alone.

We also pray that you install your humble and godly servant, DJ Trump (may he grab me anywhere he wants) back into the white house where he can punish the heathen democrat communists and people of color. amen"
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [RINO Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This a moment when appearances matter. When the sheriff prays with a Christian MAGA kook and says “nothing to see here,” we’re left a little uneasy. It’s not like he was comforting a victim— he was investigating a potential criminal.

This sheriff may or may not compromise his investigation — we don’t know. But part of his duties is to perform his investigation in a fair and impartial manner. I would say he failed to appear impartial—
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
OK GMAN AMA, assume you have played Sawgrass a few times? I grew up playing a lot of golf so it’s hard to think I wouldn’t have played such a gem in my hometown. That said, I’ve never played Pebble Beach or Spyglass. Olympic Club, Spanish Bay, and Poppy Hills, yes.

We have derailed the shit out of this thread but...

I pretty much stopped playing golf when I moved from NC to TX in 2003. Had a membership at a club in NC and played like 3-4 times per week. Moving to TX meant I lost my golf buddies and membership. Just never got around to playing again. I think I played golf 3x in the 16 years I lived in TX. Same with FL. Moved here in 2019 and haven't played golf once. TPC Sawgrass is five miles from me (as the crow flies). I've been there a couple of times to look around but never played. My golf game would be total shit right now so no way I'm spending $700 or whatever it costs for a round at the Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:

Anyway, that’s my guess.

Yes, my question was tongue-in-cheek.

I'd add to the list that it's probably also super fun and satisfying to shoot up a substation until there are huge booms and sparks and everything goes dark.

I hope this doesn't become a "thing" like Columbine started shooting up children to become a "thing" and we, the taxpayer, have to start paying for the physical security to harden the 10's of thousands of substations in the country. On top of the hardening we already need for cybersecurity.

A quick Google reveals one government study that picking just the right 9 transmission substations could take down pretty much all the power in the U.S. Though I presume/hope that that critical 30 already has increased physical security, including 24/7 human presence.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 5, 22 8:13
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds a lot like home grown right wing terrorism to me.

Maybe its time to bring back the Patriot Act and start throwing these guys in Gitmo.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
trail wrote:
I'd add to the list that it's probably also super fun and satisfying to shoot up a substation until there are huge booms and sparks and everything goes dark.

I dunno, this one was pretty good too, and probably less expensive :)

https://www.independent.co.uk/...kansas-b2081733.html

Not to support such idiotic antics, but this is hilarious.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
I've never played it but have attended all the men's US Open events down there since they've held them.

In high school one year our matches mostly all took place on Pinehurst #6 and #8 and Tobacco Road. Tobacco Road was our home course one year, the other schools hated playing there. To be fair, so did we.

I actually miss "The Pit" down there. Pretty sure it closed years ago.

Wow Tobacco Road as your home course? Talk about a hometown advantage. I love Tobacco Road.
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I work for a utility company. I wonder if they have external camera's at the substation and if they did, the individual most have known how to avoid them.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
I've never played it but have attended all the men's US Open events down there since they've held them.

In high school one year our matches mostly all took place on Pinehurst #6 and #8 and Tobacco Road. Tobacco Road was our home course one year, the other schools hated playing there. To be fair, so did we.

I actually miss "The Pit" down there. Pretty sure it closed years ago.

Wow Tobacco Road as your home course? Talk about a hometown advantage. I love Tobacco Road.

High school matches were 9 holes. If I remember, no matter the strength of team or what future stud superstar pro player they had, if you shot in the 30's at "the road" then you were doing pretty darn good.

We did well the years our conference was the southern schools. We were about 60% win rate when we moved into the Capital conference. Broughton was always an automatic loss over at Carolina Country Club. Webb Simpson cleaned us out real good. I always remember they wouldn't take our money for snacks as it's one of those snooty "member's accounts only" places so the rich kids would just buy the snacks for us.

It was good times riding the little "short bus" golf team bus to matches and driving your car out to practice days or "play your way into match day" stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live pretty close to one of the big power corridors for the northeast. The control station there played a major part in the recovery after the big outage in 2003 and I know for a fact the facility has been hardened and more security fencing has gone up around the substations in the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Shootup a power station to…. [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
When left wing extremists like Earth First did this sort of stuff back in the day, they put them away for a long time.

Interested to see what happens in this case.

I remember reading Ecodefense in the late 80s - Earth First'" guide to how to sabotage things. It's online now. The section on how to take out powerlines basically says without saying it, "yes we did this but it was stupid.' it then goes on to explain how to do it. https://theanarchistlibrary.org/...onkeywrenching#toc45
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]

Prev Next