Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Talks Cold Water Phobia and Indian Wells [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's not like they're mutually exclusive, but i'm surprised he hasn't identified his transitions as something to work on. he's giving up big chunks of time and strategic benefit in just about every race he does. it's especially critical if he's hoping to race the 100k or 70.3 distances.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Talks Cold Water Phobia and Indian Wells [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
I don't know that I agree with doing the entire interview in a 50f pool, but I have nothing but respect for pros who fight like heck for every advantage they can get.

Agree with his approach or not, at least he's transparent.

Either transparent, or just dramatic for the sake of his audience. I can never tell.

It doesn't help that, as you mentioned, he's sitting in water that is 57 deg. F / 14 deg. C. That's 100% attention seeking. As Lionel's voice became more and more shaky, I couldn't focus on what he was saying and switched the thing off. I like to be entertained - by Lionel and Talbot especially - but this was not it.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Talks Cold Water Phobia and Indian Wells [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Kickr wrote:
I don't know that I agree with doing the entire interview in a 50f pool, but I have nothing but respect for pros who fight like heck for every advantage they can get.

Agree with his approach or not, at least he's transparent.

Either transparent, or just dramatic for the sake of his audience. I can never tell.

It doesn't help that, as you mentioned, he's sitting in water that is 57 deg. F / 14 deg. C. That's 100% attention seeking. As Lionel's voice became more and more shaky, I couldn't focus on what he was saying and switched the thing off. I like to be entertained - by Lionel and Talbot especially - but this was not it.

Dramatic Effect, not attention seeking. Slight difference.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Talks Cold Water Phobia and Indian Wells [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the cold makes a huge difference for people. I did a race where the race org made you “acclimate” prior to the race… and it sucked. T1 was tough with numb hands and feet. Wind chill on the bike was brutal….

Learned a lot that race.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Talks Cold Water Phobia and Indian Wells [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Dramatic Effect, not attention seeking. Slight difference.

The dose makes the poison.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next