Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judge rules that the purpose of the suit by the self-proclaimed "free speech absolutist" was "punishing the Defendants for their speech."

Judge dismisses Elon Musk's suit against hate speech researchers : NPR

Thought this part was funny.

Quote:
Musk did not return a request for comment on the Monday ruling, but in an email last month following a hearing in the case, Musk wrote: "Your org is not on X, therefore doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned," referring to NPR's decision last year to leave the platform.

Such a petulant man child.

Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Judge rules that the purpose of the suit by the self-proclaimed "free speech absolutist" was "punishing the Defendants for their speech."

Judge dismisses Elon Musk's suit against hate speech researchers : NPR

Thought this part was funny.

Quote:
Musk did not return a request for comment on the Monday ruling, but in an email last month following a hearing in the case, Musk wrote: "Your org is not on X, therefore doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned," referring to NPR's decision last year to leave the platform.

Such a petulant man child.

He's also doing it wrong. When you're ghosting some person or organization, you don't reply to tell them you're ghosting them....
Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back on the topic of Twitter becoming a toxic wasteland. I have basically stopped using it. Which is a shame because it was my go to for years. Now it’s filled with right wing nonsense. I tried just blocking people for a while but its too much work to block them all.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Back on the topic of Twitter becoming a toxic wasteland. I have basically stopped using it. Which is a shame because it was my go to for years. Now it’s filled with right wing nonsense. I tried just blocking people for a while but its too much work to block them all.

Have you noticed that you can't block Musk?

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I posted something similar roughly a month after the takeover. Since then I've blocked similar crap and I'm definitely seeing less of it. There's probably a larger political umbrella category that pulls some far right guano in the feed now and then but nothing like it used to. It went from firehose to occasional leak.

Interestingly, I've not had to block anything like that from the left. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much of it, or of the same whackadoo flavor. Not sure what to take from that.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I think I posted something similar roughly a month after the takeover. Since then I've blocked similar crap and I'm definitely seeing less of it. There's probably a larger political umbrella category that pulls some far right guano in the feed now and then but nothing like it used to. It went from firehose to occasional leak.

Interestingly, I've not had to block anything like that from the left. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much of it, or of the same whackadoo flavor. Not sure what to take from that.

The left wing whackadoos are on Threads. While I find them annoying they don’t grate on me nearly as much as the far right whackadoos.

Mostly the far left whackadoos complain about things. “How can you makes jokes about *insert random subject here* when there are people dying in *insert unrelated country here*?”. Apparently humour should not be used for anything if there is something bad happening somewhere in the world. Basically humour should be outlawed.

While the far right are assholes.

Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I have Elmo blocked. I must have done it before he shut that feature down.

Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Just a related thought - moderated speech versus free speech

Before I found Slowtwitch, I hung out on LetsRun, which wasn't really moderated. It was a free for all littered with trolls and ass holes.

I like that Dan keeps this place under control.

Not really sure what that says abut the rights and responsibilities of a mega social media business like Twitter.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Musk officially takes over Twitter [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
BLeP wrote:

that is not true
Quote Reply

Prev Next