Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
The point is there was a mass shooting on 12-01-2022. Occam's razor.

Exactly where was this mass shooting. And BTW...

Quote:
For the purposes of tracking crime data, the FBI defines a "mass shooting" as any incident in which at least four people are murdered with a gun.

https://www.ojp.gov/...ecent-mass-shootings

So, you fail.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Let's take inventory:
  • If you search "mass shootings" in the LR, you'll get 28 pages of results.
  • There has been thread after thread after thread about mass shootings.
  • There have been hundreds of gun debates in the LR.
  • Many have stated how mass shootings are uniquely American and quoted the number of mass shootings in the US being on the rise.
  • Most recently in the VA Walmart shooting thread, BoneIdol and Kay quoted data from the Mass Shooting Gun Violence Archive with Kay saying. "There have been 607 mass shootings in the US this year. Nearly two incidents per day. And the collective response is…. Meh."
  • I post one single, factual mass shooting from that database (without comment), and the responses are:

• How/why is this a mass shooting? {Yeeper, Hancock, tigermilk, BLeP}
    • This is a distraction from school shootings. {burnthesheep}
    • This post is a troll. {Kay, trail}
    • This is 5D chess and my OP means guns are great. {BLeP}
    • The OP must be Windy.
    • The OP didn't properly post the link. {trail}
    • The OP gives reacharounds to Windy.
    • GeeTee continued digging and misused the word "pedantic".
All I did was post a single news fact from a source the LR has used frequently. I didn't comment about guns. I didn't comment about race.I didn't comment about political affiliation or motive. I simply posted a news story about a topic that has been frequently posted about before.

Some of you need to reevaluate your life and anger issues.

Awesome bullet list, Captain Pedantic. Do you have a handwritten notebook where you keep inventory of Minor and Major Offenses, like Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man?"

Edit to add as in bold above.

Oh you poor dear! I didn't realize you had a learning disability.

Let me help you with that: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedant

one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
Thom wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Let's take inventory:
  • Many have stated how mass shootings are uniquely American and quoted the number of mass shootings in the US being on the rise.
  • Most recently in the VA Walmart shooting thread, BoneIdol and Kay quoted data from the Mass Shooting Gun Violence Archive with Kay saying. "There have been 607 mass shootings in the US this year. Nearly two incidents per day. And the collective response is…. Meh."
  • I post one single, factual mass shooting from that database (without comment), and the responses are:

• The OP must be Windy.
All I did was post a single news fact from a source the LR has used frequently. I didn't comment about guns. I didn't comment about race.I didn't comment about political affiliation or motive. I simply posted a news story about a topic that has been frequently posted about before.

You would get better responses if you were just straight forward on the point you are trying to make. I'm still trying to figure it out. That is what is driving the comparisons to Windy

Occam's razor would suggest that a mass shooting would actually meet someone's definition of a mass shooting.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
JFHJR wrote:

Quote:
For the purposes of tracking crime data, the FBI defines a "mass shooting" as any incident in which at least four people are murdered with a gun.

So, you fail.

Well, I guess reading comprehension is not your strength. I quoted the "Mass Shooting Archive" referenced in the VA Walmart shooting thread and many other times in the LR.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting

Also: https://www.cnn.com/...e-profile/index.html

That uncomfortable feeling you have is embarrassment caused by hubris and overestimating your grasp of the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Let's take inventory:

• The OP must be Windy.

Awesome bullet list, Captain Pedantic. Do you have a handwritten notebook where you keep inventory of Minor and Major Offenses, like Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man?"

one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge

I don't think quoting what people said to make a point is unimaginative or minutiae but, hey, you do you.

I guess it is interesting to me why you use references to autism and learning disabilities to try and score points. Do you frequently use autism and learning disability references as ways to insult people? Again, that's not me but you do you.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://[/url]
Thom wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Thom wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Let's take inventory:

• The OP must be Windy.

You would get better responses if you were just straight forward on the point you are trying to make. I'm still trying to figure it out. That is what is driving the comparisons to Windy

Occam's razor would suggest that a mass shooting would actually meet someone's definition of a mass shooting.

So this database is junk and will be treated as such in the LR? I'll stand corrected if that's the case. Should we have a vote? https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting
Last edited by: JFHJR: Dec 6, 22 7:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Let's take inventory:

• The OP must be Windy.

I don't think quoting what people said to make a point is unimaginative or minutiae but, hey, you do you.

I guess it is interesting to me why you use references to autism and learning disabilities to try and score points. Do you frequently use autism and learning disability references as ways to insult people? Again, that's not me but you do you.

! I realize the holidays are hard on the socially inept, but we're here for you! We hear the cries for help you're making by posting multiple mass shooting-related threads on a triathlon subforum in a sad attempt to garnet attention, poor dear.

Maybe make time today to go upstairs from your mom's basement, walk outside and get some sunshine!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
ironclm wrote:
JFHJR wrote:

Quote:

So, you fail.

Well, I guess reading comprehension is not your strength. I quoted the "Mass Shooting Archive" referenced in the VA Walmart shooting thread and many other times in the LR.

That uncomfortable feeling you have is embarrassment caused by hubris and overestimating your grasp of the issue.

I'll stick with the DOJ's definition.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
ironclm wrote:
JFHJR wrote:

Quote:

So, you fail.

I'll stick with the DOJ's definition.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
This post is a troll. {Kay, trail}

So Kay and I nailed it!

Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
geetee wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Let's take inventory:

• The OP must be Windy.

! I realize the holidays are hard on the socially inept, but we're here for you! We hear the cries for help you're making by posting multiple mass shooting-related threads on a triathlon subforum in a sad attempt to garnet attention, poor dear.

Maybe make time today to go upstairs from your mom's basement, walk outside and get some sunshine!

0/10

I will, however, use part of your response in an edited form in the future so thanks for that.

"We hear the cries for help you're making by posting multiple [insert topic] threads on a triathlon subforum in a sad attempt to garner attention."
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Quote:

So Kay and I nailed it!

The OP was a post about a mass shooting. Nothing more. I didn't expect people to say, "Meh". Right, Kay?

However, I also didn't expect people to attack me for sharing a news story and bringing attention to mass shootings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop being a tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
trail wrote:

Quote:

So Kay and I nailed it!

The OP was a post about a mass shooting. Nothing more. I didn't expect people to say, "Meh". Right, Kay?

However, I also didn't expect people to attack me for sharing a news story and bringing attention to mass shootings.

You started a post called "Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) " that contained a link to a story about a single murder in 2021. I'm still lost on the point you are trying to make. Hell, even Windy is guessing at what you are trying to say. Do you enjoy playing these games?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
I will, however, use part of your response in an edited form in the future so thanks for that.

"We hear the cries for help you're making by posting multiple [insert topic] threads on a triathlon subforum in a sad attempt to garner attention."

Glad I could help. I don't want to get your hopes up, but if we keep working at this you might soon be able to mimic actual human intelligence and social skills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
Let's take inventory:

• The OP must be Windy.

So I was right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
trail wrote:

Quote:

So Kay and I nailed it!

You linked to an article that was clearly not about a mass shooting. Hence the questions... "How is this a mass shooting?"

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

So I was right.

I was right twice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
trail wrote:

Quote:

So Kay and I nailed it!

False, and you fucking know it. The only thing worse is your charade here throwing your hands up saying “whoa don’t shoot the messenger” when in fact the messenger has proven he is incapable of understanding let along delivering said message.

You don’t get to pass the buck when you fail to comprehend basic definitions of words you used in your thread title. Namely, that the word mass denotes large numbers of people. One does not meet that definition.

You’re being an obtuse troll, intentionally or worse…
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
trail wrote:

Quote:

So Kay and I nailed it!

False, and you fucking know it. The only thing worse is your charade here throwing your hands up saying “whoa don’t shoot the messenger” when in fact the messenger has proven he is incapable of understanding let along delivering said message.

You don’t get to pass the buck when you fail to comprehend basic definitions of words you used in your thread title. Namely, that the word mass denotes large numbers of people. One does not meet that definition.

You’re being an obtuse troll, intentionally or worse…

You're just not seeing the true genius at work here.

Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this a synopsis of the thread so far?

JFHJR posts without comment an article about a shooting from December 4 of 2021 which mentions only one victim under the thread title "Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022).

People are generally confused as to what is happening, since that doesn't fit the definition of a mass shooting, and others question the rationale behind such a post given JFHJR's history.

JFHJR rides in claiming victory by saying he took the link from the mass shooting index which people on this site have cited as a reference, and no one cared about the shooting, but rather took pot shots at him.

People are more confused since JFHJR still doesn't realize that he posted the wrong article, and an argument about what constitutes a mass shooting ensues.

As mentioned, the mass shooting database describes a different date than the one that was posted by JFHJR. The mass shooting database link currently goes to a different one than what was posted by JFHJR. The mass shooting database describes a different number of victims and location than the one that was posted by JFHJR. I could use some explanation.
Last edited by: l'arbitrageur: Dec 6, 22 14:19
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [l'arbitrageur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
l'arbitrageur wrote:
. I could use some explanation.

You're just jealous you're not yet on JFHJR's Shame List.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [l'arbitrageur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
l'arbitrageur wrote:
Is this a synopsis of the thread so far?

JFHJR posts without comment an article about a shooting from December 4 of 2021 which mentions only one victim under the thread title "Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022).

People are generally confused as to what is happening, since that doesn't fit the definition of a mass shooting, and others question the rationale behind such a post given JFHJR's history.

JFHJR rides in claiming victory by saying he took the link from the mass shooting index which people on this site have cited as a reference, and no one cared about the shooting, but rather took pot shots at him.

People are more confused since JFHJR still doesn't realize that he posted the wrong article, and an argument about what constitutes a mass shooting ensues.

As mentioned, the mass shooting database describes a different date than the one that was posted by JFHJR. The mass shooting database link currently goes to a different one than what was posted by JFHJR. The mass shooting database describes a different number of victims and location than the one that was posted by JFHJR. I could use some explanation.

That's my take, although I'm admittedly a little confused by the whole thing. I'm sure JFHJR will be back soon to clear things up for us.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Mass Shooting (12-01-2022) [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a reminder, JFHJR is the reincarnation of DJRed, a former Trump acolyte. So there’s that…
Quote Reply

Prev Next