Prev Next
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This part:
But anything in the seas or the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is detestable to you.

You're bored? Maybe find a hobby? More swim-bike-run perhaps?

I encourage you to read Thomas Aquinas. I shall award you three points for creativity in your wrongness however

Seriously? I need to read a book to understand another kooky book? Thanks, I'll pass.

https://www.newadvent.org/summa/2098.htm

TLDR

Catholics don't have to follow the old testament ceremonial law

You are hilarious. We can make rules, and exceptions to rules, and exceptions to exceptions endlessly. And we can create reasons why certain rules apply and create reasons why certain other rules don't apply. It is just never ending. But none of it makes any sense at all.

Me? I'm gonna stay away from lobster because god told me to !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This part:
But anything in the seas or the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is detestable to you.

I encourage you to read Thomas Aquinas. I shall award you three points for creativity in your wrongness however

Seriously? I need to read a book to understand another kooky book? Thanks, I'll pass.

TLDR

You are hilarious. We can make rules, and exceptions to rules, and exceptions to exceptions endlessly. And we can create reasons why certain rules apply and create reasons why certain other rules don't apply. It is just never ending. But none of it makes any sense at all.

Don't give graduate-level material to someone who isn't familiar with the basics.

Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This part:

TLDR

Nothing like intentional ignorance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This part:

TLDR

Oh? Because your fabulous book that has so many rules, and exceptions to rules, and exceptions to exceptions. And has endless reasons why certain rules apply and endless reasons why certain other rules don't apply. One should study it all very, very thoroughly. Because those that have done that, many of them are now part of an immense and wonderful organization of enablers of sex predators that mostly prey on children.

So, yeah, joining that club, that's not super high on my list of things to do.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This part:

TLDR

This isn’t exactly some fuzzy obscure new rule that Windy made up. It’s a pretty fundamental belief of
Christianity, and part of what separates Christianity from Judaism.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This part:

TLDR

Oh? Because your fabulous book that has so many rules, and exceptions to rules, and exceptions to exceptions. And has endless reasons why certain rules apply and endless reasons why certain other rules don't apply. One should study it all very, very thoroughly. Because those that have done that, many of them are now part of an immense and wonderful organization of enablers of sex predators that mostly prey on children.

So, yeah, joining that club, that's not super high on my list of things to do.

You're embarrassing yourself dumb fuck.

Aquinas is not part of the Bible.

You want to be ignorant be my guest I can lead a horse to water .....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is wonderful to see how your dedication to your religion has helped you become an immensely kind and decent person. I imagine that even the way that you communicate and interact with so many posters on this very forum has brought countless others into the fold. You are a great example of that shining light.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
It is wonderful to see how your dedication to your religion has helped you become an immensely kind and decent person. I imagine that even the way that you communicate and interact with so many posters on this very forum has brought countless others into the fold. You are a great example of that shining light.

Yes I'll rely on the intentionally ignorant for theological and canonical interpretation.

BTW calling a fucking idiot a fucking idiot isn't taking the Lord's name in vain so..... you're still a fucking ignoramus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Yes I'll rely on the intentionally ignorant for theological and canonical interpretation.

BTW calling a fucking idiot a fucking idiot isn't taking the Lord's name in vain so..... you're still a fucking ignoramus

I guess you prove that no amount of Catholicism makes up for the absence of a conscience.
Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
ike wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
From Huff Post: this is our SCOTUS circus.......sorry for the weird text font mis-mashes.

"While hearing the case of a Christian graphic artist in Colorado who says designing wedding websites for gay couples is against her faith, Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson asked attorney Kristen Waggoner whether, following her arguments, a hypothetical photographer would be able to refuse taking photos of a white Santa Claus with Black children
Waggoner, who is representing the designer, responded that the photographer would be able to refuse taking the photos.
Alito later tried to turn around Jackson’s analogy by asking whether a Black Santa had to have his picture taken with a child dressed in a Ku Klux Klan robe.
Colorado Solicitor General Eric Olson said no, adding that “Ku Klux Klan outfits are not protected characteristics under public accommodation laws.”
Justice Sonia Sotomayor then chimed in that, “presumedly, that would be the same Ku Klux Klan outfit regardless whether if the child was Black or white or any other characteristic.”
Alito then joked, “You do see a lot of Black children in Ku Klux Klan outfits all the time.”"

Alito's quip is silly. If a photographer refuses to take pictures of someone wearing KKK robes, that does not mean they are discriminating against white people. Presumably, they are willing to photograph the 99.9999% of white people who don't wear KKK robes to the photo-shoot. In that hypothetical, the discrimination really is about the KKK robes, not the race of the person wearing them (even if we assume that the only people who wear KKK robes are white).

There may be close cases where it's not obvious whether the photographer really is objecting to the clothing or, instead, is using the clothing as a pretext for discriminating on the basis of race, etc. (e.g., if the photographer refuses to photograph anyone wearing a turban). But, Alito's KKK point is not one of those close cases.

Don't forget about Clayton Bigsby.

Or in reality, a number of the Proud Boys and their ilk appear to be Latinos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This part:

TLDR

It also flies in the face of the argument that the problem with a human based morality is that it is mutable or relative, where as "God's" is fixed and unchanging (which for some reason makes it more valid).
Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
america, get fucking serious.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have surprising skill in the art of justifying and rationalizing your own behavior.

You keep digging.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
You have surprising skill in the art of justifying and rationalizing your own behavior.

You keep digging.

Okay ignoramus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

You keep digging.

Okay ignoramus
Don't forget to open your wonderful book. I think it has excellent guidance on dealing with others. You are a shining light on a hill.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

You keep digging.

Okay ignoramus

Don't forget to open your wonderful book. I think it has excellent guidance on dealing with others. You are a shining light on a hill.

It just gives him something to hold over others and argue about here. I'd be surprised if he even believes any of it.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Dec 6, 22 6:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It falls in line with the whole "speak it into existence through repetition" phenomenon and the doubling and tripling down on utilizing ad hominem ad nauseum. Kind of reminds me of someone else really.
Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
It falls in line with the whole "speak it into existence through repetition" phenomenon and the doubling and tripling down on utilizing ad hominem ad nauseum. Kind of reminds me of someone else really.

Are you talking about the big fat orange-skinned fellow ?

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

You keep digging.

Okay ignoramus

It just gives him something to hold over others and argue about here. I'd be surprised if he even believes any of it.

Behold your wonderment
Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

Did I speak into existence fucking Thomas Aquinas?

Look a bunch of assholes want to mock religion go right ahead but at least do it fucking intelligently. Citing to Hebrew dietary laws to mock Christians is fucking just stupid. When presented why it's fucking stupid the answer is I can't be arsed to read a book it exposes the stupidity. When given the fucking exceprt needed fucking mouth breather just shifts tactics.

You want to be grouped in with that level of intellectual curiosity I'll do so but I would be surprised.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

You keep digging.

Okay ignoramus

How Christian of you.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Freedom to choose clients, here we go again. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

I assume you all will be as outraged when the coin is flipped......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Did I speak into existence fucking Thomas Aquinas?

Look a bunch of assholes want to mock religion go right ahead but at least do it fucking intelligently. Citing to Hebrew dietary laws to mock Christians is fucking just stupid. When presented why it's fucking stupid the answer is I can't be arsed to read a book it exposes the stupidity. When given the fucking exceprt needed fucking mouth breather just shifts tactics.

You want to be grouped in with that level of intellectual curiosity I'll do so but I would be surprised.

My deal with you is that you cannot seem to exhibit enough self control when confronted with someone jerking your chain that you can post in a manner to be taken seriously. You'd carry more weight if you took it from an 11 to like a 5.

You could respond like this: "I don't seek to mock religion, but simply to highlight that I don't feel courts or laws adequately challenge the entire 'sincerely held religious belief' aspect."

Because personally, I feel like folks are using religion as an excuse to discriminate and we're not allowed to really poke at the "sincerity". Because the sincerity is horseshit when you boil it down as they don't have any existing questionnaires about what other sins possible clients are habitually committing: divorced folks remarrying, do you look at pornography, lie, cheat time at work, etc........

The whole "sincerely held" religious belief falls apart once you actually challenge it. I wonder if they ask every single man/woman couple if they're remarried folks or not to determine whether to do work for them. I bet that would be exceedingly rare someone actually holds fast to ALL of the belief sets necessary to remain consistent and it be "sincere".

I've felt this way since the bake a cake case. It isn't sincere, but we can't challenge sincerity.
Quote Reply

Prev Next