Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NFL Week 14 [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else pick the Lions, 49ers and Chargers to win? Why yes I did. i knew I should have picked against the Titans.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Chiefs continue to look great for a bit. Then they get complacent and let teams back into the game. Their defensive secondary needs a ton of work. Unless they fix a few things very quickly I see them losing out in the playoffs again.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We sat in the end zone seats in the corner where Trepicksky threw his third red zone INT of the game. God I never wanted to see Mason Rudolph under center so badly.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't let Denver shitty season fool you, their defense is very good. And while defense may win championships, it doesn't win you enough games to make the post season.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
The Chiefs continue to look great for a bit. Then they get complacent and let teams back into the game. Their defensive secondary needs a ton of work. Unless they fix a few things very quickly I see them losing out in the playoffs again.

Good! It's the Bills turn this year.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While this is true, Denver's D looked lost in the first half until Josey's interception. I thought yesterday felt like the 'dam finally breaking' in the 1st half.

I know everyone wants Hackett gone (probably the right thing), but it's pretty impressive how much the team still seems to want to play hard for him at this point. Was fun to watch the offense actually click a bit yesterday...finally. Not sure it'll last the rest of the season though. 😂
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
D.O. wrote:
mck414 wrote:
jmh wrote:
Francois wrote:
Swede had the rams. Yep mayfield was impressive on that final drive.

I was impressed with him on several drives earlier in the game and he made some great passes. Given that he showed up two days before the game, even moreso.

So the Raiders have lost to a coach that worked for ESPN a week prior and a QB who showed up 48 prior, maybe Josh McDaniels sucks as a HC?

Normally I'd be on the he sucks bandwagon, but the Raiders beat Seattle, in Seattle last week. If OT no less.

Probably shouldn't use a mediocre Seattle team as a litmus test, could make a good argument that McDaniels has as much or more talent in every game they've played this year except against KC.

Seattle did not look very good against Sam Darnold and the Panthers yesterday. McDaniels has underperformed this season.

Do the Panthers win the NFC South?

Edit to add. The Seahawks suck, they are 0-4 against the NFC South that doesn’t have 1 team above .500
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [ahaberkorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahaberkorn wrote:
While this is true, Denver's D looked lost in the first half until Josey's interception. I thought yesterday felt like the 'dam finally breaking' in the 1st half.

I know everyone wants Hackett gone (probably the right thing), but it's pretty impressive how much the team still seems to want to play hard for him at this point. Was fun to watch the offense actually click a bit yesterday...finally. Not sure it'll last the rest of the season though. 😂

Definitely was fun watching the Broncos making a game of it finally. Pure speculation here but they might've pulled it out had RW not been knocked into next Tuesday and entered the concussion protocol.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
jmh wrote:
D.O. wrote:
mck414 wrote:
jmh wrote:
Francois wrote:
Swede had the rams. Yep mayfield was impressive on that final drive.

I was impressed with him on several drives earlier in the game and he made some great passes. Given that he showed up two days before the game, even moreso.

So the Raiders have lost to a coach that worked for ESPN a week prior and a QB who showed up 48 prior, maybe Josh McDaniels sucks as a HC?

Normally I'd be on the he sucks bandwagon, but the Raiders beat Seattle, in Seattle last week. If OT no less.

Probably shouldn't use a mediocre Seattle team as a litmus test, could make a good argument that McDaniels has as much or more talent in every game they've played this year except against KC.

Seattle did not look very good against Sam Darnold and the Panthers yesterday. McDaniels has underperformed this season.

Do the Panthers win the NFC South?

Edit to add. The Seahawks suck, they are 0-4 against the NFC South that doesn’t have 1 team above .500

As always, the problem with Seattle is the defense. They gave Carolina their best scoring half of the season--color me not surprised. Even with Geno's two uncharacteristic picks (his TD/Int ratio is 25-8) and 10th string running backs, their offense still looked pretty good scoring 24. You just can't give up 30 and expect to win many games.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:

Yes - not sure what the hell is wrong with them. The DBs need more practice/less talking. I hope they aren't thinking yesterday and the next few weeks are easy games.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Manning brothers killing it interviewing Adam Vinatieri on tonight's Manning cast. Footage of him running down Hershel Walker is classic!

haha

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Manning brothers killing it interviewing Adam Vinatieri on tonight's Manning cast. Footage of him running down Hershel Walker is classic!

haha

/r

That's some closing speed for a kicker.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wearing two different shoes

Vinatieri even admits that Hershal was somewhat shocked to see who'd run him down

man this is good stuff!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NFL Meeting, Week 14

https://twitter.com/.../1602713679878832129

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
NFL Meeting, Week 14

https://twitter.com/.../1602713679878832129

Her weekly recaps are great.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a Vikings fan I love the fraud alert joke she finishes with. It hurts, but man is it true…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only recently discovered her feed - how come no one shared before?

"At least you didn't kick it to DeSean Jackson, again"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone shared her stuff earlier in the year. Probably a worthwhile posting to wrap up each week. Her humor takes the sting of some bad losses/picks.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd considered leading off the new weekly thread with her summary when I posted the last one. Good suggestion.

Week 15 posting shortly.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I'd considered leading off the new weekly thread with her summary when I posted the last one. Good suggestion.

I embrace this as a "Best Practice"

As an aside - who saw the fight in the stands at the Coyotes/Bruins game, and thought the girl in the Gronk jersey who got fucking clocked [but hopped back up] was Katie Nolan?

Just me? OK

Quote Reply

Prev Next