Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Christine McVie RIP
Quote | Reply
BREAKING NEWS
Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac is dead at 79. The singer-songwriter was a hitmaker for one of music’s most popular bands.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 3:10 PM ET

Ms. McVie’s commercial potency hit a high point in the 1970s and ’80s; she wrote or co-wrote half of the 16 tracks on Fleetwood Mac’s 1988 “Greatest Hits” anthology, including “Don’t Stop,” “Say You Love Me,” “You Make Lovin’ Fun,” and “Hold Me.”https://www.nytimes.com/...Q&smid=share-url[/url]

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Christine McVie RIP [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She also wrote Little Lies. I’m actually kind of surprised that up until know the main members were all alive. They’re all in their mid to late 70’s and they didn’t exactly live the cleanest lifestyle back when they were big

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn! She was an extremely talented songwriter/singer/musician. I'm gonna go find her version of Songbird and put it on repeat.
Quote Reply
Re: Christine McVie RIP [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
She also wrote Little Lies. I’m actually kind of surprised that up until know the main members were all alive. They’re all in their mid to late 70’s and they didn’t exactly live the cleanest lifestyle back when they were big

Well, depends on how you count Peter Green & Bob Welch; you could say "But, that's a different Fleetwood Mac" and you'd be fairly correct

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn! Got a recent surge in popularity with Everywhere being used in the Chevy EV commercials.

Stevie Nicks got most of the limelight as the female singer of Fleetwood Mac but McVie was every bit her equal if not better at times.

Great band. How many bands had three different lead singers with top-10 songs, let alone from the same album? Besides The Beatles.

McVie had a near perfect voice.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She was underrated but so talented. There's not many rock bands that have three heavyweight talents (songwriting and performing) - with her, Stevie and Lindsay.

Also I can only think of two other band with three great singers - the Beach Boys and Beatles? There's not even many with two great singers - the Eagles and Cars.
Quote Reply
Re: Christine McVie RIP [PaperChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Eagles had two and a half - Frey (1), Henley (1), and then Meisner + Walsh = 1/2

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Christine McVie RIP [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Great band. How many bands had three different lead singers with top-10 songs, let alone from the same album? Besides The Beatles.

Agree a great band and such amazing talent. It is awesome that she was able to experience the resurgence via the Chevy Commerical.

Another band with three great lead vocals - and hits - and on the same album would be early Chicago: Terry Kath, Robert Lamm, and Peter Cetera (rank ordered at least IMO.)
Quote Reply
Re: Christine McVie RIP [PaperChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaperChase wrote:
She was underrated but so talented. There's not many rock bands that have three heavyweight talents (songwriting and performing) - with her, Stevie and Lindsay.

Also I can only think of two other band with three great singers - the Beach Boys and Beatles? There's not even many with two great singers - the Eagles and Cars.

Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young) say hello.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply