Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs
Quote | Reply

MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs
By Carolyn Muyskens ·

Law360 (November 29, 2022, 7:51 PM EST) -- A Michigan federal judge on Tuesday slapped MyPillow CEO and election conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell with sanctions for filing overbroad subpoenas seeking a county's voting data, in a failed attempt to defend himself from Dominion Voting Systems' defamation claims.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Phillip J. Green denied Lindell's subpoena requests and ordered him to pay Kent County's legal bills, finding Lindell failed to take any steps to tailor the subpoena to avoid "undue burden or expense." Lindell cast such a wide net for the county's documents related to the 2020 election that the judge commented he "can't imagine anything that net would not capture."

"It is eminently demonstrated that the breadth of this subpoena could not be greater," Judge Green said.

Judge Green agreed that the subpoenas appeared to be a fishing expedition, pointing to the request for all records related to the county's administration of the 2020 presidential election, a request so broad that Lane noted it could be interpreted to include images of voters' ballots as well as voter rolls, compromising voter confidentiality.

"No effort was made, that I can discern, to narrow the scope to information that may be relevant to Mr. Lindell's litigation," Judge Green said in his ruling from the bench.

Judge Green also knocked Lindell for failing to fulfill the subpoena issuer's duty to craft the subpoena to avoid undue burden and expense to a nonparty to a lawsuit, chiding Lindell for taking "no steps" to work with the county.

https://www.law360.com/...ampaign=case_updates

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you know yesterday he made his intentions known he wants Ronna's job?

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/28/my-pillow-mike-lindell-rnc-chairman
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:

If I was Ronna, I'd give it to him.

That is one job I wouldn't want right now. (Well ever, but especially right now).
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
tigermilk wrote:

That is one job I wouldn't want right now. (Well ever, but especially right now).

I don't know how she got it, she's an idiot.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
trail wrote:
tigermilk wrote:

I don't know how she got it

Yes you do.

TheRef65 wrote:
she's an idiot.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
trail wrote:
tigermilk wrote:

I don't know how she got it

Yes you do.

TheRef65 wrote:
she's an idiot.

Well played... but you left out an idiot that was willing to sell her soul to the orange one.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Well played... but you left out an idiot that was willing to sell her soul to the orange one.

You'd have to be an idiot to sell your soul to the orange one. So it's all part and parcel of being a useful idiot... hence her being selected.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

You'd have to be an idiot to sell your soul to the orange one. So it's all part and parcel of being a useful idiot... hence her being selected.

Oversimplified. Her ambitions exceeded her moral fortitude and she miscalculated the arc of trump's leadership of the GOP.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

Oversimplified. Her ambitions exceeded her moral fortitude and she miscalculated the arc of trump's leadership of the GOP.

Possibly but here’s how I see it. Trump has a long history of screwing people who were loyal to him. It has never been a secret. The end result is always the same. Trump turns his back on you and you end up holding the bag for one of his crimes and looking like the idiot that you are.

So… you’d have to being a complete fucking moron to sell your soul to Trump.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jmh wrote:

Possibly but here’s how I see it. Trump has a long history of screwing people who were loyal to him. It has never been a secret. The end result is always the same. Trump turns his back on you and you end up holding the bag for one of his crimes and looking like the idiot that you are.

So… you’d have to being a complete fucking moron to sell your soul to Trump.
Yeah, surprisingly (maybe not I guess) there IS no shortage of soul selling morons.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've noticed i don't see his pillow advertisements nearly as often as years past. I wonder if business is slacking off because people know he's a wacko.
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [TricentralPA2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he only hand out his pillows at natural disaster areas now, tax right off.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [TricentralPA2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TricentralPA2 wrote:
I've noticed i don't see his pillow advertisements nearly as often as years past. I wonder if business is slacking off because people know he's a wacko.

He was on TV last week selling My Pillow slippers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TricentralPA2 wrote:

I made the mistake of clicking on Bannon's "War Room" site yesterday (digging into some local election-related buffoonery) and noticed My Pillow banner ads all over it. I guess he understands his new target demographic.
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sad trombone....

Quote:
Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, says he had to borrow $10 million in 2022 just to keep his pillow company afloat.
Speaking to Insider on Wednesday night, Lindell said that to keep MyPillow going, he borrowed "about 4 million in May, 2 million in the summer, and 4 million in September."
And on top of that, Lindell said he's personally been borrowing money to stay liquid, too.
Lindell told Insider on Wednesday night that his "burn rate" is currently still at "a million a month," though part of this now goes to funding his newly formed "Election Crime Bureau." The bureau consists of 40 staff members who he says are working hard to uncover more information about the 2020 election.
When asked if he's finally run out of money, Lindell said he's "still earning money" but is spending the majority of any profit he reaps on attempts to try to prove the 2020 election was rigged.

https://www.businessinsider.com/...t-voter-fraud-2023-3

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine ruining yourself financially trying to find evidence of fraud in an election after even Trump admitted to his own aides that he lost.

At least Trump pretends he won in order to grift off his supporters. You have to be a special kind of dumb to go bankrupt trying to defend Trump.
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Mar 16, 23 10:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A man walks up to a brick wall and slams his head upside it. He backs away momentarily to ponder the absurdity he has just witnessed upon himself and then proceeds to slam his head against the wall again. Go figure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Sad trombone....

Quote:
Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, says he had to borrow $10 million in 2022 just to keep his pillow company afloat.
Speaking to Insider on Wednesday night, Lindell said that to keep MyPillow going, he borrowed "about 4 million in May, 2 million in the summer, and 4 million in September."
And on top of that, Lindell said he's personally been borrowing money to stay liquid, too.
Lindell told Insider on Wednesday night that his "burn rate" is currently still at "a million a month," though part of this now goes to funding his newly formed "Election Crime Bureau." The bureau consists of 40 staff members who he says are working hard to uncover more information about the 2020 election.
When asked if he's finally run out of money, Lindell said he's "still earning money" but is spending the majority of any profit he reaps on attempts to try to prove the 2020 election was rigged.

https://www.businessinsider.com/...t-voter-fraud-2023-3

Not sad, evil. Scorched earth. He is going to lose the lawsuit against Dominion, so he will burn all the money he has including his company. Wouldn't be surprised if he is hiding a bunch in offshore accounts and crypto.
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
A man walks up to a brick wall and slams his head upside it. He backs away momentarily to ponder the absurdity he has just witnessed upon himself and then proceeds to slam his head against the wall again. Go figure.

You give the mypillow guy more credit in analytical skills than he has demonstrated thus far.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
gofigure wrote:

You give the mypillow guy more credit in analytical skills than he has demonstrated thus far.

More like this?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:

I think you've been doing this more and more. Just add it as a sig for your self-referential verses? :)
Quote Reply
Re: MyPillow CEO Sanctioned Over Quest For Election Docs [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
gofigure wrote:

I think you've been doing this more and more. Just add it as a sig for your self-referential verses? :)

Just as jmh points out that I may have given Lindy more credit than due, noting that i might do a sig line gives me more credit in computer literacy than due. Sent without a self reference but with the understanding that it fits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Just as jmh points out that I may have given Lindy more credit than due, noting that i might do a sig line gives me more credit in computer literacy than due. Sent without a self reference but with the understanding that it fits. Go figure.

FIFY
Quote Reply