Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: More Republicans Died Than Democrats after COVID-19 Vaccines Came Out [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Put succinctly, people weren’t misinformed. They chose to believe lies from politicians and celebrities instead of listening to people who have dedicated their lives to studying diseases like COVID. They didn’t get everything right, but we would have been so much better off listening to them. It’s ridiculous this is still being debated.

I pondered your post. I agree with it in part. If one is intelligent and educated then I agree completely.

However half of people have below average intelligence and/or not everyone is well educated. It's not binary. There is a not insignificant portion of the population that was just ignorant and not wilfully so.

Earlier in the thread I said everyone I knew chose or was bullied into being vaccinated. The bullied people truly were frightened of the vaccine. But if they did not have objectively intelligent and well educated people across multiple disciplines eviscerating their objections they may be unvaccinated today. Not everyone had that meaning not everyone was wilfully ignorant IMO.

Half of the half you are calling ignorant likely vote Democrat. Why were their vaccination numbers so much higher? You are trying to make this about ignorance when every single objective metric points to it being purposefully political. It’s throwing me off that you want to give the ignorant pass here, but wouldn’t dare do the same for a lib shortcoming. Typically, you are very unforgiving to the ignorant.

I believe I've been abundantly clear I blame GOP politicians et al for the lower vaccination numbers and consequent deaths.

However I'm still opposed to doing a victory lap because people who didn't know better listened to them.
Quote Reply
Re: More Republicans Died Than Democrats after COVID-19 Vaccines Came Out [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Put succinctly, people weren’t misinformed. They chose to believe lies from politicians and celebrities instead of listening to people who have dedicated their lives to studying diseases like COVID. They didn’t get everything right, but we would have been so much better off listening to them. It’s ridiculous this is still being debated.

I pondered your post. I agree with it in part. If one is intelligent and educated then I agree completely.

However half of people have below average intelligence and/or not everyone is well educated. It's not binary. There is a not insignificant portion of the population that was just ignorant and not wilfully so.

Earlier in the thread I said everyone I knew chose or was bullied into being vaccinated. The bullied people truly were frightened of the vaccine. But if they did not have objectively intelligent and well educated people across multiple disciplines eviscerating their objections they may be unvaccinated today. Not everyone had that meaning not everyone was wilfully ignorant IMO.

Half of the half you are calling ignorant likely vote Democrat. Why were their vaccination numbers so much higher? You are trying to make this about ignorance when every single objective metric points to it being purposefully political. It’s throwing me off that you want to give the ignorant pass here, but wouldn’t dare do the same for a lib shortcoming. Typically, you are very unforgiving to the ignorant.

I believe I've been abundantly clear I blame GOP politicians et al for the lower vaccination numbers and consequent deaths.

However I'm still opposed to doing a victory lap because people who didn't know better listened to them.

Then I guess it's a good thing no one here is doing the thing you're worried about people doing. But, cool strawman argument, bro.
Quote Reply

Prev Next