Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: December 2022 Swim Thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scy. main set is 1500 and 30 mins on the dot. I used a :60 send off.

5x (Each time through the set, add 50 to the fast free/half an IM interval.)
50 easy
50 (the progression was fast fr, half an IM...)
50 easy
50 very hard, but not all out

So, time breakdowns:
Set 1, 200yd, ~4 minutes
Set 2, 250yd, ~5 minutes
Set 3, 300yd, ~6 minutes
Set 4, 350yd, ~7 minutes
Set 5, 400yd, ~8 minutes
=1500m, 30 minutes

An aside: when reading this on the main set thread, I understood instructions for "HIM pace" to mean half of an individual medley, which I do a lot since I like 50s. I now know it means Half-Ironman pace, which I never do. So, I mixed in 50s at 500 pace and 50s as fly/bk and br/fr. My HIM pace involves some back and breast anyway, so I guess it all works out :-)

I feel like I need to cite the main set thread, as I am nearly quoting reefblastbody: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20favorite#p5004659
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m back in the swim again after a bout with a torn rotator cuff. A hefty dose of cortisone took care of it.
Yesterday’s swim; 3000 yards

12 days of Christmas swim.
W/U: 2x(200s,50k)
12x25 as k/d/s
11x25 as bk/fr
10x25 as br/fr
9x25 as fl/fr
8x50 pull
7x25 k
6x50 fr w/fins
5x25 uw kwf no breath
4x25 fr
3x25 br
2x25 bk
1x25 fl
200 cool

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: December 2022 Swim Thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you've had so many injuries :-( I'm really sorry. How many swims have you done post-injection? How did you tear it? I live in fear of a RC tear.
I did notice you've got lots of BK points this year so you must be doing lots of run and bike!
hugs

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donated blood yesterday, could feel it in my swim this am. Run was v easy so just a little tired there, not annoyingly breathless like in the water.
2175 yd swim, 6 mi run (59 min)

2 x (500 swim 50 kick)
5 x (100 “fast” 50 kick) 1:16, 15, 16, 15, 14
6 x 50 alt easy swim, kick
25 kick

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Dec 29, 22 4:56
Quote Reply
Re: December 2022 Swim Thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the 12 Days of Christmas with a few modifications. It took me a while, well over an hour.

References

HalfSpeed. "12 days of Christmas swim." Slowtwitch Forums. www.forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/December_2022_Swim_Thread_P7861999-5/. Date accessed 29 December 2022.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
you've had so many injuries :-( I'm really sorry. How many swims have you done post-injection? How did you tear it? I live in fear of a RC tear.
I did notice you've got lots of BK points this year so you must be doing lots of run and bike!
hugs
I tried one swim while injured. It went ok, but the next day was trouble. It got so bad, I couldn’t find any sleep position that I could actually sleep. Obviously, somehow, I did.
Three swims, post injection, they’ve all felt great without a huge loss of endurance. All pool. Ready to resume 58° ocean swims.
Im not sure when exactly or what caused it. I think it might have been battling kelp – wrapped up on my arm and trying to get my arm forward – recovery part of stroke. While there was a tear, the pain was mostly from bursitis - a constant low-level pain. Actually a little more than low level plus some ROM issues.
So, much more riding, almost all on Zwift. Some gravel bike riding and then some quite slow running, mostly trails. Looking forward to a better shot at BK next year :-).

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: December 2022 Swim Thread [apmoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you please write the set out long form I am having some technical difficulties verification of your bibliography

Did some swimming yesterday
10x400 scm desc every 2 easy last 1.
Quote Reply
Re: December 2022 Swim Thread [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4150 yds - most likely my last swim of 2022 this AM

500 swim, 50 kick
2 x (100 fast, 50 kick) 1:17, 15
450 swim, 50 kick
5 x (100 fast, 50 kick) held 1:13
400 swim, 50 kick
2 x 100 on 1:20
50 kick
350 swim, 50 kick
3 x 100 on 1:25
50 kick
300 IM kick
300 cd mix kick/sidestroke

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM'd you Waverider, but the Christmas set is just up there ^^ a few posts.

Limped through a half hour of IMs and kicking. Happy to have a few days off.
Quote Reply
Re: December 2022 Swim Thread [apmoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Enjoy your few days off

Got to the pool today and they had an outage over night so wouldn’t be ready for another hour. So last swim was attempted but not successful.

Did some band work and pull ups, had a sulk and went home. 2023 we will be back crazier and more chlorinated than ever!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn’t hold a candle to your 900,000+ TC, but I did get to a 756,000 total this morning to finish off the year. Swam 359/365 days in 2022, so that was pretty consistent.😊 Thanks for putting these threads up…for years now!
Quote Reply
Re: December 2022 Swim Thread [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your frequency is incredible, that's lots of being wet! Well done!

no swim today, ran 10.6 mi easy w some hills and walked a mile, so 2022 for me swim wise was 915,068 yds in 211 swims.

Quote Reply

Prev Next