Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interval / tempo shoe help
Quote | Reply
I need a new threshold / tempo shoe. I’ve been using next % 2s that started at 100 miles (so not much pop) and now have 400 miles apx and are done. I’m a triathlete these are one or 2 run a week shoes.

Endorphin speed 2 don’t fit great. Peroneal tendon flares up. So speed 3 seems like a dead end, but maybe not.

Magic speed 1 fit bit not a lot of cushioning. Maybe magic speed 2s?

Hoka plated shoe or brooks plated shoe?

Anything from Nike?

The only idea I’m not really into is using a next % / vapor fly (or one of the other empirically proven super shoes), mostly because I mentally like the idea of getting another advantage.
Quote Reply
Re: Interval / tempo shoe help [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
I need a new threshold / tempo shoe. I’ve been using next % 2s that started at 100 miles (so not much pop) and now have 400 miles apx and are done. I’m a triathlete these are one or 2 run a week shoes.

Endorphin speed 2 don’t fit great. Peroneal tendon flares up. So speed 3 seems like a dead end, but maybe not.

Anything from Nike?

The only idea I’m not really into is using a next % / vapor fly (or one of the other empirically proven super shoes), mostly because I mentally like the idea of getting another advantage.

I ran in the Magic speed 1, carbon plate at the front, great shoe, but as you said, not much cushioning. I'd imagine the 2 would be similar. What about the Noosa 14? The older Noosas were heavy and shit, the 13 and 14 much lighter and great to run in. I had the 13s, they eventually died, but they had stopped selling but the 14s are now out. In in the interim I bought the Endorphine Speed 3s which are awesome. Light, plenty of cushioning and support and they have a nylon plate which provides some stiffness but not so much that you get sore. I the Speed 3s are quite different to the 2s, but I've only ever ran in the newer model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not a plated shoe, but I did a lot of interval and tempo sessions in the Brooks Hyperion Tempo with good results. I'm using the Endorphin Speed 2 for that job right now, but I see that shoe didn't agree with you.
Quote Reply
Re: Interval / tempo shoe help [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about the brooks Hyperion I’ll check that one out too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:

Anything from Nike?

The endorphin speed 3's are 2mm wider.
You could also try the asics Noosa 14s as mentioned, we can't keep them in stock even though imo they are a more limited use shoe.
Asics novablast
Hoka mach 5
brooks hyperion tempo and the hyperion tempo max's are just around the corner iirc
NB tempo has a soft/flexible upper, maybe check out the 1080 or the rebel fuelcell propel or fuelcell super comp
361 fierce 2 might be another option

hope that helps

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply