Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly the only time records that really matter are course records for established courses, but I think we should give Lange some props for not only winning with an incredible run but also leading his bike group across the mats for most of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Honestly the only time records that really matter are course records for established courses, but I think we should give Lange some props for not only winning with an incredible run but also leading his bike group across the mats for most of the race.
Entirely. And good spot on Lange leading the group he was 'in' across almost every timing mat (see IM Tracker).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lange posted on the gram a couple weeks ago that he was testing the IAAF illegal Adidas PrimeX after the ruling on the new Ons but not sure if he raced in them. Pretty interesting given the performance.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [Xabier10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xabier10 wrote:
Well it looks like the distance is not too off
https://www.strava.com/activities/8166129330

Although he may have started the activity in T2 as the tracker time is 1'10" shorter, but any way around 41.8km

Oh wow, assuming reasonable accuracy that is a reasonably fair IM marathon compared to most courses. I wonder if the elevation gain is correct, 280 m. A 2:30 ish marathon with 280 m of elevation is one heck of a performance.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [Xabier10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the truth for most guys besides the norwegians, Frodeno, Brownlee and the strongest bike riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not strange that Lange has the run record. Better than Hanson and one of the best in that part of the race.

Triathlon courses and conditions are always different so hard to have records..
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [pran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pran wrote:
Not strange that Lange has the run record. Better than Hanson and one of the best in that part of the race.

Triathlon courses and conditions are always different so hard to have records..

Totally not strange to crush a world record by several minutes, including the next best runners, most of which have also ran in fast conditions... give me a break. It was a huge performance.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Lange posted on the gram a couple weeks ago that he was testing the IAAF illegal Adidas PrimeX after the ruling on the new Ons but not sure if he raced in them. Pretty interesting given the performance.

Yes, he wore the Prime X
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was always surprised no italian appear at top level LD tri these days (probably my 50% italian blood :-)

I never heard the name of Gregory Barnaby, but holy s*** what a performance also here.

Very good swim (along with Baekkegard, a good reference), raisonnable bike, and a 2h35 marathon (ok, few hundred meter short).
Not sure if this is his first IM distance, but sure his fat-ox is now at the right level to manage an excellent run speed until the end :-)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
I was always surprised no italian appear at top level LD tri these days (probably my 50% italian blood :-)
I never heard the name of Gregory Barnaby, but holy s*** what a performance also here.
Very good swim (along with Baekkegard, a good reference), reasonable bike, and a 2h35 marathon (ok, few hundred meter short). Not sure if this is his first IM distance, but sure his fat-ox is now at the right level to manage an excellent run speed until the end :-)
Barnaby is the top ranked Italian (PTO #72 and with this great long distance debut up to mid #30s). This run is in the top 5 IM runs of all time.
This was his first IM. You say 'reasonable bike'. For his first 180km he very sensibly used Lange as a guide. The tracker suggests he was first-second wheel behind leader Lange for the full distance (sensible chap - is this 'following the blue train'?).
I suggest that Lange's all-in run was driven by Baekkegard 5 minutes ahead at T2 (and he has a 2:44 from Tulsa '21 where Lange ran 2:36). Then he found Barnaby stayed shoulder-to-shoulder with him from T2 through 15 miles. Kudos to Lange for pushing on hard after passing Baekkegard at 18 miles with Barnaby dropped. 1:16, 1:15 split.
https://www.trirating.com/...an-distance-records/
Lange's performance will get him back into the PTO top 10, in time for the 'end-of-year' bonus, (estimate #5/6) above or below Sanders (NB Sanders is going to drop 2 points in 10 days).
Have to feel for Chevrot leaving T2 in the main pack, running a 2:37 (!), and finishing off the podium.
Further back I note that Colin Norris at last had a run to potential, with a 2:46 (after few 4 hour plus run/walks).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Very good swim (along with Baekkegard, a good reference), reasonable bike, and a 2h35 marathon (ok, few hundred meter short). Not sure if this is his first IM distance, but sure his fat-ox is now at the right level to manage an excellent run speed until the end :-)

Barnaby is the top ranked Italian (PTO #72 and with this great long distance debut up to mid #30s). This run is in the top 5 IM runs of all time.
This was his first IM. You say 'reasonable bike'. For his first 180km he very sensibly used Lange as a guide. The tracker suggests he was first-second wheel behind leader Lange for the full distance (sensible chap - is this 'following the blue train'?).
I suggest that Lange's all-in run was driven by Baekkegard 5 minutes ahead at T2 (and he has a 2:44 from Tulsa '21 where Lange ran 2:36). Then he found Barnaby stayed shoulder-to-shoulder with him from T2 through 15 miles. Kudos to Lange for pushing on hard after passing Baekkegard at 18 miles with Barnaby dropped. 1:16, 1:15 split.
https://www.trirating.com/...an-distance-records/
Lange's performance will get him back into the PTO top 10, in time for the 'end-of-year' bonus, (estimate #5/6) above or below Sanders (NB Sanders is going to drop 2 points in 10 days).
Have to feel for Chevrot leaving T2 in the main pack, running a 2:37 (!), and finishing off the podium.
Further back I note that Colin Norris at last had a run to potential, with a 2:46 (after few 4 hour plus run/walks).

the thing is i rate lange very highly and saw him with a very good shot for top 3 in kona before the race , at the same time all he really has done in a really competitive field is a 10th place in kona and that should not get you in the top 6 in the pto ranking. this kind of shows the issue with the ranking there needs to be a part in that calculates the quality of the field not just thomas, subjective time estimations.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d just see an Instagram post from Daniela Bleymehl and on the timing board above the finisher gate there was an Israeli athlete in the m60-64 group who did a 7:57:14. Is that a record for that age group? It’s a damn fast time. Wonder if he missed a lap on the run or something?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
I’d just see an Instagram post from Daniela Bleymehl and on the timing board above the finisher gate there was an Israeli athlete in the m60-64 group who did a 7:57:14. Is that a record for that age group? It’s a damn fast time. Wonder if he missed a lap on the run or something?

that was probably a 70.3 finisher (same day same course)
Last edited by: tridinski: Nov 27, 22 9:19
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [tridinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah ok! That makes more sense.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Israel - Race Thread [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
I was always surprised no Italian appears at top level LD tri these days (probably my 50% italian blood :-)
I never heard the name of Gregory Barnaby, but holy s*** what a performance.

Barnaby is the top ranked Italian (PTO #72 and with this great long distance debut up to mid #30s). This run is in the top 5 IM runs of all time.This was his first IM.
the thing is i rate lange very highly and saw him with a very good shot for top 3 in kona before the race , at the same time all he really has done in a really competitive field is a 10th place in kona and that should not get you in the top 6 in the pto ranking. this kind of shows the issue with the ranking there needs to be a part in that calculates the quality of the field not just thomas, subjective time estimations.
PTO ranking improvements from IM Israel:
Lange up to #6 behind Sanders (who will drop by 2 next week but stay above Lange).
Baekkegard stays same (good in, good out) at #10.
Barnaby jumps into 30s - #35 after that great first IM (7:47) and top level run (gutsy for a first 26 miles).
Chevrot up 13 places to top 20.
Astle and Bleymehl into top 20 (#17 and #20) where they belong, and Riveros into top 30 (#30).
https://stats.protriathletes.org/rankings/men
https://www.tri247.com/...-2022-results-report
Quote Reply

Prev Next