Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Paula Findlay with On Running shoes now?
Quote | Reply
Watched the latest TTL video yesterday and Eric does a close up of Paula on the treadmill. She warmed up in some regular On’s then switched over to what looks like the On Gustav was wearing in Kona. She’s been in ASICS and Nike lately and has always said she is very particular about her shoes. Anybody have any info? She’s struggled with foot issues a lot, so hopefully this doesn’t bring that back.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Is Paula Findlay with On Running shoes now? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the same from the video, curious to hear if anybody knows. She’s talked several times on the TTL podcast about not having shoe sponsors and how it allows them to select what shoes they want to wear without obligation. Maybe she just asked On to try them out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Watched the latest TTL video yesterday and Eric does a close up of Paula on the treadmill. She warmed up in some regular On’s then switched over to what looks like the On Gustav was wearing in Kona. She’s been in ASICS and Nike lately and has always said she is very particular about her shoes. Anybody have any info? She’s struggled with foot issues a lot, so hopefully this doesn’t bring that back.

Good catch.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys focused on her shoes instead of the fact that Mercedes Benz Vans is going to be giving them a fully built out sprinter van to their specs and that they get to test multiple different builds? That's $200k sponsorship right there...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Paula Findlay with On Running shoes now? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
You guys focused on her shoes instead of the fact that Mercedes Benz Vans is going to be giving them a fully built out sprinter van to their specs and that they get to test multiple different builds? That's $200k sponsorship right there...
Gosh! Well done for picking that up; good spot!
Quote Reply
Re: Is Paula Findlay with On Running shoes now? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

Well that part was obvious.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:

Paula's shoes are the regular Cloudboom Echo 3 that nearly all ON pros wore. Gustav is the only ON athlete who didn't wear those in Kona. He got a fully custom shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But has their dog learned any new tricks, or is he still is clumsy as ever?

Seriously if they could trim these videos down to seven minutes I’d probably watch them. Right now it’s just a snooze fest.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Paula Findlay with On Running shoes now? [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
But has their dog learned any new tricks, or is he still is clumsy as ever?

Seriously if they could trim these videos down to seven minutes I’d probably watch them. Right now it’s just a snooze fest.

Yikes. Seriously they have some of the best content on triathlon youtube, but if you don't like it...move on man...

Just chilling on my long ride watching old videos and pretty impressed with them after watching some multiple times - but I appreciate the imagination and work to try to do something unique and artistic every week.

What...do you like?

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Is Paula Findlay with On Running shoes now? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, I like them, I’ve been a fan of Eric since I saw him win the pro demonstration race at Milwaukee nationals in 2014. I just wish they keep the videos a little shorter.
I think their fanbase would improve by doing that. The younger generation is not looking for long videos, ever been on TikTok?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Oh, I like them, I’ve been a fan of Eric since I saw him win the pro demonstration race at Milwaukee nationals in 2014. I just wish they keep the videos a little shorter.
I think their fanbase would improve by doing that. The younger generation is not looking for long videos, ever been on TikTok?

Their fanbase is pretty solid - 50k so basically behind Lionel and Lucy with nobody else close. I mean, you make it sound like there's a HUGE younger generation that would do triathlon based upon Eric and Paula shortening videos - when really it's the 30+ crowd that is following and being fans.

Tiktok - isn't youtube - are there any tri tiktok stars? Seriously - I'm old, and don't have the capacity for another app lol

ETA - not everyone can be all things to all people. Talbot can't do the artistic stuff like Eric can - but holy crap he can make a hype video (even if he can't spell - hey T ;) ) but with the podcast and the videos there is a legitimate community that Eric and Paula have built and I don't think they should change it for anything.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Last edited by: dfru: Nov 26, 22 15:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:

Nope, never have and try to avoid it at all costs. I’d actually prefer longer videos as I watch them on the trainer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new 2023 models soon . high stacked and carbon plated?. I am waiting for announcements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:

With a podcast and their videos, looking for patrons and selling merch, they are not looking for a younger generation, they are looking to tap into the dispensable income of the triathlon lifestyle. To the young they are washed.
YT has opened up incredible doors for them and deservingly so. They should count their blessings for this age of triathlon and content and the fat PTO checks with not very deep women’s fields.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Paula Findlay with On Running shoes now? [Chuckie M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chuckie M wrote:
The new 2023 models soon . high stacked and carbon plated?. I am waiting for announcements

Is this a statement or a question? Of course it will be high stacked and plated like all other brands and even the existing Echoboom.

But we won't see Gustav's 50mm stack version in 2023. Shoe development and manufacturing cycles are too long for such a quick turnaround unless On pulls of something special.
Quote Reply