Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What ~$200ish computer?
Quote | Reply
Just quick poll to help me decide:

Wahoo Roam v1 - $199
Garmin 530 - $249
Stages m200 - $209

I know these questions get asked a lot, but I’m really stuck. All are new with black friday deals. I’m not an in depth data guy, don’t use navi, and just want something that’s reliable and clear. It’ll be paired with a Stages crank based PM and a Polar HRM, training 90% of the time with Trainerroad indoors. I’m planing a half and full distance for 2023.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: What ~$200ish computer? [317] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried the other two, but I like the Garmin 530. Also I believe that's what DC Rainmaker uses as well if you're familiar with his reviews on tech.

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ROAM V1 is a generation behind the others. The 530 is one of the standard bearers in that category with nearly every imagined feature. The M200 has the greatest data field flexibility and is by far the best for structured workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love Wahoo head unit simplicity and "just works" sort of feel/ethos.

Owned Garmin head units for a while. Feature rich but complex. The day I got a Wahoo Bolt v1 was liberating.

Also owned an older Lezyne and the upgrade to Wahoo was welcome. No affiliation with Wahoo. Just grateful they seem to care about seamless and mostly headache free UX.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin explore...clear screen, great navigation
Quote Reply
Re: What ~$200ish computer? [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a big fan of the Wahoo head units too. I especially like following structured workouts with them.

I know that Garmin units can do the same as well but it is so easy on the Wahoo that I am convinced it’s the best choice for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are not bothered about navigation or deep data stuff the garmin would be a waste of money IMO - although that is the unit I use. Stages would probably give you everything you want and a really easy to read head unit. Wahoo would work but like Garmin lots of stuff you would not use.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply