Pros racing at Daytona Clash race?
Quote | Reply
I have searched an d posted to the FB group but can’t find a list

It is close to my house and was thinking of going to watch

Anyone know what pros are racing?
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit hard to find but here it is. A few notables. Seems like more short course athletes. https://www.endurancesportswire.com/...ernational-speedway/
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [Trizebbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty solid fields all around, lots of ITU racers entered who also will be doing the grand final the next week. Final tune up maybe? How much is the prize money in this race? Hard not to put Vincent Luis as the favorite in the mens, womens a toss up among several.
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Pretty solid fields all around, lots of ITU racers entered who also will be doing the grand final the next week. Final tune up maybe? How much is the prize money in this race? Hard not to put Vincent Luis as the favorite in the mens, womens a toss up among several.

Grand Final is this weekend, Clash Daytona the following weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [lrcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, of course I knew that, race on Friday morning here at 1am. And it did seem funny to me that so many ITU folks would race across the pond so close to their biggest race of the year. Makes much more sense to do the big race, then come to Florida for an end of season vacation and last race to bag some money...

Just me spacing out for a minute, thanks for getting me back on track..
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [Trizebbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trizebbie wrote:
A bit hard to find but here it is. A few notables. Seems like more short course athletes. https://www.endurancesportswire.com/...ernational-speedway/

Great thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they moved the clash out of Daytona last year. I think its at the Coliseum again this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
they moved the clash out of Daytona last year. I think its at the Coliseum again this year.

I see what you did there.....................

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Ah yes, of course I knew that, race on Friday morning here at 1am. And it did seem funny to me that so many ITU folks would race across the pond so close to their biggest race of the year. Makes much more sense to do the big race, then come to Florida for an end of season vacation and last race to bag some money...

Just me spacing out for a minute, thanks for getting me back on track..

He's also racing Bahrain on the 9th, so that'd be quite some travel :P
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [Kingy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My top3s

WOMEN
1. Olmo
2. Perez Sala
3.Derron

MEN

1. Luis
2. Bergere
3. Sanchez Mantecon

is the streaming for free?

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Pros racing at Daytona Clash race? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you picked the 3 most well rounded triathletes on paper. (Valerie B should probably be in there as well)

I'll be surprised if Jackie Hiring doesn't find herself into the top 3.
She spends a lot more time on her TT bike than the three you listed.

In the Men's race, I think either Matt Hansen or Jackson Laundry will find their way onto the podium. Along with your picks.

If I could take odds and bet, I'd choose Seth Rider and Kevin McDowell. Both are a lot stronger riders than most people realize. But not a lot of TT time.

Either way, these races will be the first North American Non-Draft races of the year that have a competitive swim. And that will certainly change the dynamics of the race.

Looking forward to it.
Quote Reply