Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How much difference do shorter cranks make for IM bike and/or run? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Calvin386 wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
You could shorten your cranks by 20mm and be fine.

Rotor Aldhu 24.

Ahhh... was looking at VEGAST... Thank you

Rotor is compatable with Trek SC? No adapters or spacers?

I made this move last year, BB90 with C-bear ceramic BB (24mm internal diameter) and ordered a 24mm alu Rotor axle with 155mm Rotor Aldhu crank arms and the MAS Aero spider. Best investment I made.

I bought the bike with 170mm cranks but found a lady willing to swap out the 165mm Ultegra crank on her small sized road bike for the 170's that were on my Speed Concept. Felt good but now with the 155's it's a lot better. I'm 5'7" with only 30" inner leg length (seat height now is 704mm) so quite short legged and the short cranks really allow me to spin more smoothly. No more/a lot less of a dead spot in my pedalling.

The required spacers to fit it to your BB are in the same box the 24mm Rotor axle is shipped in.

I am also 5'7" with 30" inseam. Sounds like this could be the right move for me.

JCob I am going to check out your cranksets as well
Quote Reply
Re: How much difference do shorter cranks make for IM bike and/or run? [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam and I am currently on the JCob 155mm crankset. I really have enjoyed the switch. My cadence has slightly increased but the biggest difference for me has come from the top of the pedal stroke. Previously, I could feel a slight him impingement. After switching, it became more fluid pedal stroke. I feel like I could have went down to a 145mm crankset and would have had no negative consequences.
Quote Reply
Re: How much difference do shorter cranks make for IM bike and/or run? [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Cobb wrote:
Our JCOB cranks are a 24 /24 axle and will work, they are available down to 145mm in Std. Mid compact and compact gearing.

I sent you a PM
Quote Reply
Re: How much difference do shorter cranks make for IM bike and/or run? [dmcdowell22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmcdowell22 wrote:
I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam and I am currently on the JCob 155mm crankset. I really have enjoyed the switch. My cadence has slightly increased but the biggest difference for me has come from the top of the pedal stroke. Previously, I could feel a slight him impingement. After switching, it became more fluid pedal stroke. I feel like I could have went down to a 145mm crankset and would have had no negative consequences.

Same.... I am looking to open my hip angle so I working through the numbers to see how short I should go
Quote Reply
Re: How much difference do shorter cranks make for IM bike and/or run? [dhoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really prescribe or even advise riders to go shorter. I simply take them through a dynamic fitting process that includes self selecting of crank length.

This is what I am finding after a couple thousand fits:

Seat height range :: recommended crank length range.
<60cm seat height :: Crank 145mm or less. Really as short as you can find, maybe go custom.
60-65cm :: Crank length 140-145mm
65-70cm :: 145-150mm
70-75cm :: 150-155mm
75-80cm :: 155-160mm
80-85cm :: 160-165mm
>85cm :: 165-170mm, maybe 172.5 (Keep in mind that of the tallest, strongest professional athletes I have fit literally ZERO of them have preferred anything over 165mm.
Quote Reply
Re: How much difference do shorter cranks make for IM bike and/or run? [dhoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scientifically speaking, a shit ton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering to change the cranks on my bike - Cube C68 SL 2017, which came with 170mm cranks - Rotor Flow crankset.

Does anyone have any experience or advice - When I get the Rotor Aldhu 160mm cranks, will this fit with my current Spider/Chainrings and axle (which is also 30mm)?
Quote Reply

Prev Next