Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ Slot allocation with 100 extra women's slots... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
RobAllen wrote:
How many years ago was it that they could not have any extra women slots because there was not enough room on the pier. Now 2500 per day over 2 days.

I just don't see the rabid desire to drop huge amounts of money to attend Championship events being as strong with female triathletes.

I wouldn't call it "rabid" but the slot allocation was very well attended with very excited women hammering some very sizeable checks, so....

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Slot allocation with 100 extra women's slots... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You weren't there so you didn't see anything. Women want slots, too. It was a happy occasion for women who had always been close to a KQ but never got one.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Slot allocation with 100 extra women's slots... [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that they should just give 50 slots to men and 50 slots to women then at every race if you want to make it even- not do 100 additional slots so some roll down to 20th place!
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Slot allocation with 100 extra women's slots... [Letsbike13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they should cap the roll downs at a certain % of the winner's time or placing too....if I were king of Ironman...
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Slot allocation with 100 extra women's slots... [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Sindre wrote:
No offence to the ladies taking slots in IMAZ, but isn’t it diluting the quality of the female AG field to give so many slots at the same race?

Wouldn’t it be better to double the slot count for females at all IM races?

I think this is a proof of concept. If they can fill a two day race at Kona by offering more women slots they will likely spread them across more races.

Ironman is a business. The concept is to sell more entries. 2 day WC format is more entries. Having bonus slots at races that don't sell out drives more entries at those races.

Money is the only motivator for any of this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, F60-64 had six slots overall (1 regular plus 5 Women for Tri) and sixth place athlete declined so it rolled to 7th place. And I placed 8th. Grrrr. Well, I’ll be back to Coeur d’Alene where there are another 100 slots on offer, and I’ll have aged up a group.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply

Prev Next