Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [madMike100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I have to get on the Sprint tri per day program before the Olympic tri per day program....running is not there yet, but 5 km per day is what I averaged during 100/100 and the rest of sprint tri per day average for a month program is easily doable. Maybe by June an Olympic tri per day is in the cards again. Let's see. I never got to the "pure Olympic tri per day" in June 2021 because I had a vaccine in the middle and took several days off and had to play "catch up". That was tough.

I think a month long challenge where you are on your "output threshold" is doable. Almost like a personal tour de france equivalent (if you count life and training)....but its just a month. 100/100 at an age group scale while overlaying a swim-bike program on top (which is what I try to do) and adding life's stresses on top is like doing a Tour de France, cramming in an Olympic Games and showing up to the Vuelta and not burning out LOL.

14 weeks/1 Quarter is a long time to keep the pressure on. From the corporate world, we know that you can't have the throttle on for the entire quarter....there is a degree of pacing day to day, and making everything a habit

• Believe what you think
  • Target what your believe
  • Do what you target
  • Repeat what you do
  • Do it again

Look back and it is a habit now, and you are the cumulation of your habits

Hopefully 100/100 makes running a habit and part of what the athletes are, not athletes who do running because they have to, rather they become people for whom running becomes an extension of their self/identity
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to everyone and all the first-timers. I followed along on the thread as it went along. I don't remember this many success stories in the past few years that I have been around. It sounds like it was a really good year for the challenge. Bring on the nice weather!

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
started late did 71 in 71 days of the official challenge. Kept going, did my 100 th run in my 100 days today!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great work!!! It can be tough to keep going when the thread has sunk off the front page and you're on your own

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As luck would have it, on this week's Road Dog Podcast, Luis spoke with a bunch of Run Streakers

https://roaddog.libsyn.com/...s-do-it-all-the-time

Quote:
“Ultimately, it’s just being able to go out and experience doing something that is healthy for your body and being able to have memories and stories. It’s not about the destination but the journey.”

Micky Cecil, Ursula Hall, Brad Guy, Ellen Adamo and Jerome Gist are running streakers. Running Streakers run one mile or more a day for consecutive days building up a run streak. Hear the group chat with Luis about what a run streak is, the groups they are a part of, where they like to run, how streaks end, proudest running accomplishment, reasons for starting a run streak, and reasons for ending one.

https://runeveryday.com/all_active_streaks.php

Brad Guy - 2,852 days
Ellen Adamo - 2,330
Ursula Hall - 2,316
Jerome Gist - 820
Micky Cecil - 104 [not on list as they have a 365-day threshold, bastards!!!]

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For fun let's extend this challenge to rest of year. I have a feeling the 3 a day guys are burnt out by now
Last edited by: synthetic: Mar 28, 23 10:27
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I've posted many times before, I do my own reboot between Memorial Day & Labor Day - it's just about 100 days

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
For fun let's extend this challenge to rest of year. I have a feeling the 3 a day guys are burnt out by now

I've been doing 1 per day since the challenge ended. Mountainous 50k here in April (unfortunately I am under-trained), then I think I want to shoot for a half-marathon training plan and work on speed. I never really trainer for a half before and I think that might be a good idea for me. This year's goal is to repeat the sub 3 in November. My daughters promised to call me the two-time if I go sub 3 again this year. That is my #1 priority right now.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
started late did 71 in 71 days of the official challenge. Kept going, did my 100 th run in my 100 days today!!

congratulations, Stevie!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My standard run week is 6 days, anyway. In past years I have doubled 1-2x per week, but I haven't done that so far in 2023.

I've stopped doing all the 2mi "challenge runs", and am back to a typical BarryP style 50mpw plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had to do some doubles and triples to catch up due to minor injuries and illness. Found triples to be more exhausting and hard on the body than just doing a 10-15 Km run in one sitting.

I get that the triples get the 100 run target up really quickly, found that they come with a price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:

Way so stick with it!

You're not alone! I started late too, on Jan 1. I am currently on day 88 with 85 runs in.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Hired Gun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 100 for me, and I coasted in at 95 runs. Meh...I'll take it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next