Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!.
Quote | Reply
We just got four B2s in. Three 54s and a 56. I can't believe they actually exist.

See, I told you guys, Felt and SuperDave come through again!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too!

They DO exist!

Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But ours are COMPLETE BIKES!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!. [Andrew_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude! DO NOT clamp your top tube in the workstand! SCARY!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool....I'm just happy to have gotten my hands on the frameset though.

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!. [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tubing is so thin it can inadvertantly be crushed by the workstand. Also, the tubing shape where it is clamped in the photo is not round- its eccentric. Clamping over the tubes will change that shape. The big danger is squeezing the tube to tight. Remember, the tubing thickness on some of these frames is about four times as thick as the side of a beer can. ALWAYS clamp on the seatpost, never on the frame.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RELAX! It's barely even clamped in there (definitely NOT deforming the tubing).... just to snap a pic man. Step back, deep breath.... I don't wrench on it like that...

Andy
Last edited by: Andrew_R: Feb 25, 04 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing for a soloist frame? Clamp on the aero seat post and not the round top tube? Do you use a different clamp? Just want to be sure, thanks.

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!. [Andrew_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally did both of these things when I was a young stupid(er) boy:

A customer's frame was loosely clamped toward the bottom of the seat tube in a store I was working in about 16 years ago . I walked by the stand and saw the stand wasn't fully closed. I thought, "Some dimwit put this expenisve bike inthe work stand and didn;t clamp it down, someone will walk by and bump it and knock it on the ground...." I tightened the stand.

The water battle boss and attachment bolt was hidden under the workstand clamp. When I closed the stand around the tube it crushed the bolt into the frame. Big mistake.

I also crushed a Reynolds 753 (rmember that?) Bernard Hinault frame in a brand new Park workstand at another shop.

Believe me, if there's a mistake- I've made it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!. [kenwil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Same thing for a soloist frame?
All frames! Why take a chance? Tom's right, the tubing on most modern bikes is extremely thin. On some frames you can see the reflection in the paint distort just by pushing hard enough with your thumb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I also crushed a Reynolds 753 (rmember that?) Bernard Hinault frame in a brand new Park workstand at another shop.

Was that at International? I had one of those frames that I sold to Dave back when he owned it.

By the way, many years ago I too accidently clamped a frame around the bottle bosses and pushed 'em into the tube. That was a very expensive boo boo.
Quote Reply
Re: We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!. [2WheelsGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess i was more asking about the clamp. i've got a 20+ year old blackburn stand, I'm not sure I could get my seat post into it. Must be time for a new stand. Never heard this before. Thanks, one of the many great things about this place is (hopefully) learning from other people's mistakes...

ken
Quote Reply
Re: We have B2's! NOW No S@#t!. [kenwil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I clamp my seat post...not sure what to do about one with a seat tube mast, like a Trek TT frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just built the first of our B2s and they do look very nice. This bike has a very narrow fit band though. Between the carbon fiber laid back seatpost clamp, limited adjustment in saddle height and the one-size-fits-some Profile bars this bike either fits you or it doesn't. And there are going to be quite a few people for whom, it doesn't. The ideal B2 customer? 5'11"+, size 10-11 shoe, 160 lbs +, slightly longish torso, needs to sit at 80 degrees and will be on a 54cm. 700c. Based on my inital measurements, that is the "sweet spot".

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You described me perfectly. Where do I pick up my free one?

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply