Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rings of Power [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once again i find myself in violent agreement

A few things we [think] we know at this point

From canon:

Gandalf says he has traveled widely but never into the far east (i.e., Run)
Aragorn says he's traveled into the far East where the stars are different

hence my belief that The Stranger will prove one of the Blue Wizards--Alatar or Pallando

* i do have a theory in my hip pocket to explain how The Stranger can be Gandalf--but i hope the story writers don't go down that path. Give us a Blue Wizard! Something fresh to fill in a gap in the lore.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Rings of Power [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got Amazon Prime free for a month and settled on watching this series finally. Interesting to go back and look at people's criticism.

I've watched the first episode and half. Going to try to stick it out but...

I mean I know why they do it, but I find it strange to have what should be ethnically homogeneous groups portrayed by actors across a spectrum of modern ethnic backgrounds. There's a black elf, the humans, dwarves and hobbits range across the spectrum. I could care less about what modern group portrays any given Tolkien race but they should at least look similar. Make elves black for all I care, or the hobbits brown, whatever....

The elves ice climbing in the opening scene is just stupid.

The dwarves appear to still be the comic relief, childlike characters. Durin acting like a child because his friend hasn't been around in years. I had to turn it off at the scene between Durin, his wife and Elrond.
Quote Reply

Prev Next