Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Talbot and Lionel's Kona 2022 vlog [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
They are not wasting years then anymore like Jaiver, Ali, Frodo, etc. Guys always came out of ITU on the down trend of their peak now that talent and fitness is being used at the Long course.

Wait, are you seriously saying Javier, Ali and Frodo wasted all these years winning Olympic medals and other honours at ITU instead of coming earlier to the real serious leagues (IronMan)? Or maybe (I hope) I'm misunderstanding you?
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot and Lionel's Kona 2022 vlog [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree he had great self reflection. I enjoyed his attitude and perspective.
BUT, there always is a but, figuring out he was overworked and must swim faster is far from genius. He is a great athlete, but doubt he can win it all. As always, it depends who shows up on race day.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot and Lionel's Kona 2022 vlog [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are. I am saying they used it wisely to be the greatest of short course but used up the peak juice before attempting long course.

Now young guys are using their peak years for long course, basically what would happen if peak Ali, Jan, and Gomez never did short course during their peak but right to long course.

after even Olympic year Ironman times speed up.

why some guys move over yes, but more so the young talent that got cut one year before moved over since 2012.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Last edited by: Triathletetoth: Oct 12, 22 20:18
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot and Lionel's Kona 2022 vlog [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
Lacticturkey wrote:
Its on!...

I will repeat what I wrote in the YouTube comments under his video...

"That is a man who has finally left his demons out on the Queen K!! Well done guys and all the best of luck and best wishes for the impending new addition to the team.." .

Really good self-reflection

I was impressed with the 2nd half of this video in particular. He showed his strength of character and how he thinks about his life.

There first half was more of the “this didn’t work…I am definitely this other type of athlete so I need to change everything drastically based on this race” rerun.

Again though, I expected him to be bitter and he was really mature and insightful in the macro.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot and Lionel's Kona 2022 vlog [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
does anyone know if he ended up racing with the Conti TT tubeless tyres or stuck with his GP5000s?

Not sure about Lionel but every other pro's bike that i saw posted in videos/pictures seemed to go for the less durable and faster TT versions of their tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot and Lionel's Kona 2022 vlog [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
senor talbot: how about update from collin, who finished near sanders. he did not have heat problems from dallas, so what gives?
Last edited by: synthetic: Oct 13, 22 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot and Lionel's Kona 2022 vlog [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cant speak for Collin haha. Maybe message him on Instagram and ask.. :) I cant even speak for lionel I just press the red button on my camera and he talks haha.
Quote Reply

Prev Next