Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bless your heart.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice try. Your team still has Kari Lake.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Nice try. Your team still has Kari Lake.

Also Gosar thinks the Constitution terminating sounds good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’re just grumpy from the exhaustion of all that winning.

Kari Lake: lost
Lee Zeldin: lost
Leora Levy: lost
Mehmet Oz: lost
Don Bolduc: lost
Tudor Dixon: lost
Adam Laxalt: lost
Kim Crockett: lost
Darren Bailey: lost
Mark Finchem: lost
Blake Masters: lost
Doug Mastriano: lost
Kristina Karamo: lost
Herschel Walker: lost

It’s the first time in over a century that every incumbent Senator won reelection, coincidentally at a time when the Democrat President is deeply unpopular and inflation is kicking people’s asses, and they pick up a seat.

I mean holy shit. At some point you’d think the GOP and its cult followers would look at the record Trumpism has delivered for them and say enough. Purely from a self interest standpoint, do they even care about winning anymore?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

It’s the first time in over a century that every incumbent Senator won reelection, coincidentally at a time when the Democrat President is deeply unpopular and inflation is kicking people’s asses, and they pick up a seat.

I mean holy shit. At some point you’d think the GOP and its cult followers would look at the record Trumpism has delivered for them and say enough. Purely from a self interest standpoint, do they even care about winning anymore?

The problem is they think they might lose the other way too. If the hard core base doesn't show up to vote, they may still lose. It's going to take risking alienating the MAGA crowd for a while to build a winnable coalition. Not many are willing to take that risk. They are just going to ride this until it bottoms out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Uhhh.. it’s clearly not Trumps fault. The Dems have mastered the art of stealing elections. But they choose to only to it in certain races. They don’t want to make it too obvious that they can steal every election if they so choose.

Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
sphere wrote:

The problem is they think they might lose the other way too. If the hard core base doesn't show up to vote, they may still lose. It's going to take risking alienating the MAGA crowd for a while to build a winnable coalition. Not many are willing to take that risk. They are just going to ride this until it bottoms out.

That is hard to do in a primary system where the MAGA folks are more than 50% of the GOP voters. You would need to alienate the MAGA voters in such a way that they didn’t vote in the primary, which is a tough trick to pull off. Or, you’d need to convince them to set aside their MAGA-ness for the sake of picking a more electable candidate. Also not easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Black women really don’t like Walker.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this makes me to wonder WTF is up with Latino women.

government-sanctioned separating kids from their parents and losing them doesn't seem like a winner if you're of immigrant background, so obviously i'm missing something
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

government-sanctioned separating kids from their parents and losing them doesn't seem like a winner if you're of immigrant background, so obviously i'm missing something

Not all Latinos are "of immigrant background." That's a mistake that the Democrats have made in the past: assuming that supporting more immigration is a winning issue with Latinos. Many got through legally (or have been here for generations) and don't look kindly on those who arrive "illegally."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
sphere wrote:

There's a reason voter suppression is at the heart of Republican strategy.
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
kiki wrote:

Not all Latinos are "of immigrant background." That's a mistake that the Democrats have made in the past: assuming that supporting more immigration is a winning issue with Latinos. Many got through legally (or have been here for generations) and don't look kindly on those who arrive "illegally."

that's a good answer -- "there by the grace of god go I" recedes with time and insulation within the law
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Illegal aliens can't vote in Georgia.
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
kiki wrote:

But why did Latino men vote more for Warnock than women?

I think the exit poll data that created this chart may not be great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
kiki wrote:

I hope you get banned. Probably again.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
klehner wrote:
kiki wrote:

Lots of Latinos are Catholic. And Catholics can be very stubborn in their belief that people who are outwardly religious have some sort of increased trustworthiness despite evidence to the contrary.
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:
kiki wrote:

I stated a fact. Don't wish censorship on me because we have different views.
Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barks&Purrs wrote:
chaparral wrote:
klehner wrote:
kiki wrote:

Lots of Latinos are Catholic. And Catholics can be very stubborn in their belief that people who are outwardly religious have some sort of increased trustworthiness despite evidence to the contrary.

But does that explain the weird gender reversal here? Walker did significantly better with white men and black men versus their opposite. Why did it flip for Latinos? Just very odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:
chaparral wrote:
klehner wrote:
kiki wrote:

But does that explain the weird gender reversal here? Walker did significantly better with white men and black men versus their opposite. Why did it flip for Latinos? Just very odd.

Latinos are smarter than white folk?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:
chaparral wrote:
klehner wrote:
kiki wrote:

Percentage wise, I would bet there are more Catholic Latinos than Catholic whites or blacks. And so we see the weird gender roles in the Catholic Church play out in the voting by Latino families. The church has heavy themes of hierarchy, duty, submitting to authority—
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
sonofdad wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:
kiki wrote:

"I stated a fact." The cry of the POS. Time for you to start backtracking. Is your "view" that all Latinos of immigrant background are "illegal aliens"?

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Herschel Walker... Candidate for the US Senate [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:
sonofdad wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:
kiki wrote:

"I stated a fact." The cry of the POS. Time for you to start backtracking. Is your "view" that all Latinos of immigrant background are "illegal aliens"?

No. Why would you think Latinos that immigrated here legally, and became US citizens would have sympathy for those that came here illegally? Or are you saying that all "Latinos of immigrant background are illegal aliens."
Quote Reply

Prev Next