Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
Port Alberni.

Now there is a town name I didn't think I'd ever see mentioned on Slowtwitch.

I've seen it mentioned before.

Are you new here?

It's only been... Close to 2 decades for me...

I believe I first came across ST at the ripe old age of 18, by way of TNO.

Do I need to explain the use of pink?
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
Port Alberni.

Are you new here?

The whole point of using sarcasm is to throw the recipient of the message into a swirling vortex of self doubt, owing to the fact they are not sure if the person is being serious or not. Where’s the fun in letting someone know you’re being a cynical and sarcastic prick?

Blatantly plagiarized from https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/...and-it-is-brilliant/

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
Port Alberni.

Are you new here?

The whole point of using sarcasm is to throw the recipient of the message into a swirling vortex of self doubt, owing to the fact they are not sure if the person is being serious or not. Where’s the fun in letting someone know you’re being a cynical and sarcastic prick?

Blatantly plagiarized from https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/...and-it-is-brilliant/

I forgot you don't all know me in real life.
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
Where’s the fun in letting someone know you’re being a cynical and sarcastic prick?

Sometimes it's more fun to own it, and be up front with it, and get right into the mockery
Also, it's more efficient vs. wasting time waiting for someone to figure out that they're being fucked with

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
Port Alberni.

Fo' shizzle... it's never been mentioned before, like... ever...

BCtriguy1 wrote:

Living in Port Alberni is more or less playing survivalist in the bush...

Never ever...

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t%20alberni#p6770933

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Oct 5, 22 11:41
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, this isn't bad from a law enforcement perspective,....it's just bad from a common sense adult perspective. It's exacerbated by the fact that these cops were in a position to put someone (handcuffed and unable to exit) into a car that they irresponsibly parked on the tracks.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [just jack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just jack wrote:
chaparral wrote:
They will get qualified immunity, because there is no way a court in their federal district has ruled that leaving someone in a car on railroad tracks and allowing them to be hit by a train violated the victims rights.

The court will also refuse to rule, even though they could, that this violated the victims rights. So that the next time a cop does it, they will also get qualified immunity.

Colorado no longer has qualified immunity at the state level. We were one of the first states to pass extensive reform related to law enforcement following the George Floyd murder. These officers and their agencies will be rightfully held accountable. This happened in a neighboring county to mine.

So, what’s the chatter about this incident among your peers?

It seems the levels of incompetence to park on an active railway track (it’s easy to see if the rails are rusty (ie disused) or shiny (still active)), are beyond comprehension. We’re these cops really this stupid?
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
... (handcuffed and unable to exit) ...

They'll say "the doors were open"

ETA: What are the odds that if she did manage to get out of the patrol car - before it was hit by the train - that she would've been shot anyway?

Last edited by: RandMart: Oct 5, 22 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's possible that everybody but one noticed, got uncomfortable, but feared speaking up
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ike wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
When I was at the University of Delaware it seemed like every year (it probably wasn't that often, but it was often enough) there was someone who decided to commit suicide by sitting on the railroad tracks that ran through town.

I did legal work for a RR. That stuff is also terrible for the conductors. There is nothing they can do to stop in time. All they can do is maybe look away right before impact.

My nephew was a engineer and conductor (now management). He had to go out to a site where someone used an oncoming train to commit suicide (he wasn't working that run). Let's just say, the clean-up involved is not pleasant and that kind of thing sticks with everyone involved.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As wide & high as trucks are made these days, and as big & heavy they are, I imagine being hit by one while running or on my bike, would almost be like being hit by a train

Quote Reply
Re: Woman hit by train while handcuffed in back of police car [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's it's fucking ridiculous and the officers deserve whatever reckoning is coming.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply

Prev Next