Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Thanks [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well thanks for starting this thread. I thint it was Dec 2002 when ST in its current form started. So for Dan that is 20 years building an integral part of the endurance community together. Keep in mind this place started before facebook, before instagram, and literally at the dawn of the media ecommerce version of the world wide web. ST was founded closer to when CERN invented the hypertext transfer protocol in 1989 to where we are now in 2022. It seems like building, moderating, sustaining and growing ST has been more of an endurance contest than slowman would have ever imagined.....and the poor guy literally can't step away from the web too long without having to worry about some disaster materializing online in his house!!!

Dan, many thanks for carrying all of us through multiple decades. I've probably either squandered or contributed too much of my life. I just checked my profile, and it seems like I have done 6.9 posts per day since March 2003 (its scary to admit that adds up to just shy of 50K). I wonder if when this place started Dan even expected that the entire place would get past its first 1000 posts and if the social experiment to get triathletes from all remote location to banter with him like they were sitting at the ranch in California might actually work.

Well, long before the pandemic, when everyone was forced into remote work, Dan proved that people from all over were just fine to gather on line with all the pluses and minues!!! 10 years after ST started, I bought facebook stock at IPO since i could not get ST stock, but congrats to Eric Wynn getting Dan to float him a whack of ST shares....when is the IPO....after that, ST can just do a secondary offering, buy Ironman and PTO and get the entire sport sorted out!
Quote Reply

Prev Next