Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That second hydration straw on her new bike seems to indicate she has two bladders onboard. Perhaps water and a drink mix?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
That second hydration straw on her new bike seems to indicate she has two bladders onboard. Perhaps water and a drink mix?

I’m almost sure that there is an integrated bladder in the bb area. The straw attached to her top tube goes down the bento box into the frame. The other straw is the normal one leading to the front hydration system.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

I’m almost sure that there is an integrated bladder in the bb area. The straw attached to her top tube goes down the bento box into the frame. The other straw is the normal one leading to the front hydration system.

You're right, it's another bladder: https://www.triathlete.com/...;utm_source=hs_email

Something interesting about her setup is how she's running XLAB Chimp cages, which have far less grip than the Gorilla and Gorilla XT cages you typically see BTS. Perhaps this is why she lost bottles in Dallas?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

The Cube, rim or disc brake, are some of the few bikes I'd ride based on everything I know about how bikes stack up aerodynamically against each other.

Same, Cube have done some very good work on those bikes
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

Kind of grossed out by the placement of that straw on the top tube. If that were my bike the bite valve would end up covered in ball sweat and pee. Some people may fancy that in their mouth. I'm not one of those people. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
datomakin wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

Kind of grossed out by the placement of that straw on the top tube. If that were my bike the bite valve would end up covered in ball sweat and pee. Some people may fancy that in their mouth. I'm not one of those people. :-)

auto-refilling hydration!

it is odd, seems to be setup for use when sitting up, whereas the other one is in the traditional aerobars drinking position, but has no valve making me wonder whether it is actually intended as anything other than justifying a fairing
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy's Cube looked great. I didn't really see anything else that looked like a new release? I suppose the Kona bike counts will not be released until after Saturday.
Last edited by: r-b: Oct 7, 22 7:25
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does Sodaro's win move the needle at all for BMC? It has to be towards the bottom of the bike count I would assume.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw day one counts out somewhere yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found it----

https://www.triathlete.com/gear/bike/ironman-world-championship-2022-kona-bike-count-day-one/

Cervelo 569
Trek 336
Canyon 293
Spec. 210
QR 171
Felt 139

Quote Reply
Re: New Bikes Release at Kona? [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
datomakin wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

auto-refilling hydration!

it is odd, seems to be setup for use when sitting up, whereas the other one is in the traditional aerobars drinking position, but has no valve making me wonder whether it is actually intended as anything other than justifying a fairing

I confirm that it has changed the Fin cover. Now it has a big hole to refill. I saw yesterday evening Sara True bike. I’m not sure if it’s only the cover or a larger fin, it difficult to say, but I think that we Shiv Disc owner could upgrade
Quote Reply

Prev Next