Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mikal&Gustav needs to make an AGer book: Lactate training with the "hands on knees" vs "standing upright" LT test
Quote | Reply
Saw on the latest LS video some really interesting and nonscientific but potentially useful observation about run LT training:

Above threshold: Bent over hands on knees
Below threshold: Standing upright

We need more of this stuff! I'm sure he can get the data to support it in a very reasonable way very quickly!
Last edited by: lightheir: Oct 2, 22 4:50
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav needs to make an AGer book: Lactate training with the "hands on knees" vs "standing upright" LT test [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could be called, “ I know that body, I’ve seen that body.”

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav needs to make an AGer book: Lactate training with the "hands on knees" vs "standing upright" LT test [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
It could be called, “ I know that body, I’ve seen that body.”
and you're no... body? ;-) L Benson, out
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav needs to make an AGer book: Lactate training with the "hands on knees" vs "standing upright" LT test [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Saw on the latest LS video some really interesting and nonscientific but potentially useful observation about run LT training:
Above threshold: Bent over hands on knees
Below threshold: Standing upright
We need more of this stuff! I'm sure he can get the data to support it in a very reasonable way very quickly!
https://journals.lww.com/...stures_during.1.aspx

In similar vein, I think there's good science to support that 'bent over, hands on knees' is a better recovery position than throwing yourself on the floor at the finish.
Except that the longer you can stay 'in the way' the longer the cameras stay on the PRO triathlete who's given 101% and whose fatique can be captured on camera, unlike all the others who finish and continue to comport themselves as athletes.
Good practice: Collin Chartier at Dallas comes to mind, compared to Ditlev and Long's dives. While I'm on it, Chartier and Ditlev also showing respect by zipping up.
Maybe throwing yourself on the ground is a 'man thing': it seems to me far less women willingly go supine.
Ryf, Matthews and Haug at St George: zipped up, shades off, stay upright/bent/supported.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Oct 2, 22 1:54
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav needs to make an AGer book: Lactate training with the "hands on knees" vs "standing upright" LT test [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In rowing, the falling on the ground after an erg test is one of my pet peeves. You see kids who clearly are nowhere near exhaustion throw themselves on the ground after a test because they've seen fast people who've actually pushed the intensity lose it. Very few of them actually do. I've seen one guy do it legitimately - he had lost all colour in his face and his lips had gone blue during a test.

Two examples in our BH last year.

One guy set an open WR - basically 500w on a rowing machine for just under 15 mins. Was absolutely in a bucket doing it, but took feet out of straps, then chest on legs for a bit. Lactate hit a few minutes later, so IIRC he was out the front puking in the river then.

Another, much lower ranked guy over the same distance. Pace everywhere, glory sprint for the last 10 strokes. Acting up and fairly threw himself off the machine onto the ground. Mid fall realised that his trajectory was going to land on the machine next to him. Adjusted his fall so he hit the ground neatly and safely. You aren't exhausted, mate. What you are is cut. Very quickly after that.
Quote Reply