Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chxddstri wrote:
trail wrote:
chxddstri wrote:

And without Hillary, Trump never sits in the Oval Office.

Haha, poor Hillary, still the DC/Marvel supervillain.

I guess I believe Bernie would have won against Trump, but the dems had to have Hillary on the ticket.

I don't think there's any way to know if Bernie would have won that election. I agree that Hillary lost it, I just don't know who would have won in her place.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per my dad: “you got your colored president, you ain’t getting a woman next.” No shit.

That was the strategic failure by the DNC. Countering the “you had your black prez” folks. Eyeroll emoji.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this question has been asked already, but where does the name Coco come from with regards to it being used as an insult? And is the Chow part presumably a spin on her name to associate her with dog food? Does she have a history of pro China policy advocacy oris this just middle school level racism devoid of all other context beyond her ethnicity?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
And is the Chow part presumably a spin on her name to associate her with dog food?

Or Chow Mein?

Or he doesn't know how to spell "Chao" properly?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump is a nickname bully. 0% chance it was a typo.

Chow mein occurred to me the possible intent as well. Who really knows what his deranged mind was thinking at the time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Trump is a nickname bully. 0% chance it was a typo.

Chow mein occurred to me the possible intent as well. Who really knows what his deranged mind was thinking at the time.

Is this woman Asian? My guess would be it's just a reflexive Chinese/Asian name meant to be derogatory, because you know, she's too Asian.

It's like referring to a black guy as Kunta Kinte.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Chao immigrated to the United States when she was eight years old.”

So what’s with “Coco?” I would be giving him too much credit to assume this is a nickname he called her directly or is used by her friends and family. I’m thinking it’s closer to the level of a derogatory nickname he’s used for Asian women in the service industry.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
“Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Chao immigrated to the United States when she was eight years old.”

So what’s with “Coco?” I would be giving him too much credit to assume this is a nickname he called her directly or is used by her friends and family. I’m thinking it’s closer to the level of a derogatory nickname he’s used for Asian women in the service industry.

All I can come up with is his feeble attempt at spelling "cuckoo".

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

You need to imagine the sycophant in the room who says, “Coco Chow, good one boss,” to try and get the context. That sycophant is, of course, his misdirected ego.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No clue on what Coco was supposed to mean other than yes it's absolutely derogatory.

What's amazing to me is that he basically told his followers "if one of you killed Mitchy, I'd be ok with that" and people are all: "what does Coco mean?"

I kind of see it like this... do you know what's far worse than a former president who's known for being casually racist, being casually racist? A former president who just put a bounty on the head of a US Senator.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Oct 3, 22 6:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

All I can come up with is his feeble attempt at spelling "cuckoo".

That's my interpretation as well. Can I get anyone another cup of covefe while it's still hot?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
No clue on what Coco was supposed to mean other than yes it's absolutely derogatory.

What's amazing to me is that he basically told his followers "if one of you killed Mitchy, I'd be ok with that" and people are all: "what does Coco mean?"

I kind of see it like this... do you know what's far worse than a former president who's known for being casually racist, being casually racist? A former president who just put a bounty on the head of a US Senator.

I think it was in reference to cocaine Mitch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...le-of-cocaine-mitch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

No shit. "Hey Mitch! you're risking your LIFE saying things I don't like."

also "I belittle your wife in public, you cuck."

Does that sum it up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coco and Chow are both dog breeds. Chow being a Chinese breed. Calling a woman a dog can be pejorative.

Maybe unrelated, just taking part in the fun practice of reading logic and meaning into Trump's poo splatter patterns.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Coco and Chow are both dog breeds. Chow being a Chinese breed. Calling a woman a dog can be pejorative.

Maybe unrelated, just taking part in the fun practice of reading logic and meaning into Trump's poo splatter patterns.

He isn't that smart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A former president who just put a bounty on the head of a US Senator.

In 50 years historians are going to have to explain the frog in the boiling pot of water metaphor.

"How could he put a bounty on a US Senator's head and still have the support of almost half the country?"

"Well, you see, he'd already incited an insurrection where he encouraged people to take out his vice president, so people were just used to it."

"Wait......he did what?! How was that okay?"

"Okay......let's start from the beginning. In the 1980's, there were shows like Silver Spoons, Richie Rich, and Dynasty. Americans were obsessed with rich people, and there was this dipshit named Donald....."

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Maybe short for coconut? According to wikipedia:

Quote:
Hispanics/Latinos, South/Southeast Asians: Named after the coconut, in the American sense, it derives from the fact that a coconut is brown on the outside and white on the inside. A person of Hispanic/Latino or South/Southeast Asian descent who is seen as being assimilated into white American culture.

South Asians: A brown person of South Asian descent is perceived as fully assimilated into Western culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...List_of_ethnic_slurs
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She’d be a banana if he were going that route.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Trump finally cross the line? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Maybe short for coconut?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next