Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011 [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know can you imagine it was probably only about $1.50 at Costco back then!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still enjoying all of these

Interesting (and surprising) to see Hellreigel in 2003 on a road bike with clipons and shallow rim wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011 [hercules] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

These are great photos thanks very much - loved the 90's and the 80's but its great to see such great photos of the times - keep them coming Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011 [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still looking for the negatives of the 2001 race. I haven't found them.
In the meantime, I just added the 2004 race.

Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 2005 is up now.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic images from a great era with awesome athletes. The stand out for me is how good some of them were on such slow bikes and 'flat' running shoes compared to today's.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011, Oct 4 update [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 2006 Ironman Hawaii album is up.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011 [hercules] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2006 and 2007 albums are up now.

Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I added albums and today I just added 1997.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011, Oct 6 update [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to interrupt your Ironman Women's race watching, but here's the update for today. 2008 is up now.

Cheers.
P.S. Go Lucy!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011, Oct 6 update [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump - any luck with the remaining photos Ben?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011 [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Anyone remember the lady's name # 31? I always loved that red Kilo with the matching Hed wheels and the custom titanium aerobars.

Julianne White from Canada. She's riding one of the earliest QR aluminum prototypes (Tinley is riding one too); earlier that year she had won IM NZ aboard the steel bike. She used to race carrying ashtma meds with her, but eventually she had to quit professional activity, due to health issues.
Last edited by: jollyroger88: Mar 7, 23 3:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, just looked at the 1992 pics. Iconic and sure to be viewed forever.

Remember you were still taking photos when I followed triathlon for a year or two photographing many events.

Great that you have saved all these photos.

Might have to set up a few albums like this myself...hmmm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best thread ever! thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii Photo Albums 1992-2011, Oct 6 update [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I've been busy and I ran out of "space" on Flickr, but I just created a second account and I'll upload the rest of the pics I have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, thx so much for pics!!! Even the early ones from '92-97. What a pleasure to see all these guys from different views. Wolfgang "first out of the water" dittrich, jürgen zack, kenny glah "the beast", christian bustos ("it's great feeling to run with aaaalen")...woow. :D
In the 90" the german version of "triathlete" was my bible, so your gallery was a travel back in time. Thx ! Greets from germany !
Quote Reply

Prev Next