Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seymour Hersch sure thinks it was the U.S.

Though I notice he had to publish this on his own substack, not through a major media source, where it'd have to pass editorial scrutiny. A lot seems to depend on one source.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Though I notice he had to publish this on his own substack, not through a major media source, where it'd have to pass editorial scrutiny. A lot seems to depend on one source.

Hey anything is possible, we need to feed the military industrial complex.That thing over in Ukraine is going to be a conflict for awhile and that’s business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

And open source data shows the ship and plane that he says his source claims were part of it, were not present on the dates that were claimed.

Not to mention most people don’t believe that a single source would actually be involved in all the aspects this source is claiming to be involved in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Panama City, you say? I blame Rick_pcfl.
Also, I thought Biden was a bumbling old man? This paints him like a evil genius.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Last edited by: sonofdad: Feb 9, 23 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:

Hey anything is possible, we need to feed the military industrial complex.That thing over in Ukraine is going to be a conflict for awhile and that’s business.

The U.S. military industrial complex is always an interesting conversation, and a real problem.

But as far as I can tell, The Complex did not manufacture the situation in Ukraine, and while the U.S./West could have shrugged and let Russia roll through to Kyiv, that could arguably have very significant negative effects to global security and U.S. national security interests.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
trail wrote:

And open source data shows the ship and plane that he says his source claims were part of it, were not present on the dates that were claimed.

Not to mention most people don’t believe that a single source would actually be involved in all the aspects this source is claiming to be involved in.

I was thinking that if this story is anywhere close to true this source should be pretty easy to identify since he was so intricately placed.

It is a good Tom Clancy novel but its veracity is going to be awfully difficult to confirm.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

The founder of Bellingcat is all over Hersch as being completely unhinged and unreliable.

Some other investigation of Hersch's claims.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:
trail wrote:

Also, I thought Biden was a bumbling old man? This paints him like a evil genius.

Haven't you learned? He is both a bumbling old senile man and an evil genius.

And MAGAts believe both to be true because they are that stupid.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
trail wrote:

The founder of Bellingcat is all over Hersch as being completely unhinged and unreliable.

Hersh is a total loser these days. One hit wonder.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Christopher Steele wrote that story then Adam Shiff would be reading it into the record as fact.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
If Christopher Steele wrote that story then Adam Shiff would be reading it into the record as fact.

Is it good or bad if true? Not sure we even got to that.

It just sounds very fantastical that one source would know all this. Clearly Hirsch has been right, and wrong, before so I'm not dismissing it completely.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Is it good or bad if true? Not sure we even got to that.

I don't know.

I'm having a hard time grasping the major threat functional gaslines would be according to Hersch. I get it. They allow Russia to make money while simultaneously creating an energy dependence. But I'm having a hard time jumping from there to the Tom Clancy op.

But if true, I'm leaning bad. Bad to blow up property owned 49% by other-than-Russia (France/Germany/Netherlands) just off the coast of a close ally (Denmark) without the apparent consent of any of those four countries.

In fact the reason I lean against it being true, is I don't see Norway acting all cowboy with the U.S. against the interests of other EU countries like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as a bit of context 25 years ago when i was at a major publisher Hersch sent in a manuscript with Kennedy assassination 'revelations' that would blow the lid off something something

my boss dismissed it as overly speculative

fwiw which may be nothing, different circumstances, but
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:

You have very active imagination.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My impression is that Norway is an exceedingly environmentally conscious nation, and it’s unlikely their government would take a chance on having to explain something like this to their public.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
klehner wrote:
trail wrote:

I lost all respect for Hersch when he tried to stop the Magnitsky Act. And now this. It sure sounds like he's getting something from Russia.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Nutella wrote:
klehner wrote:
trail wrote:

I lost all respect for Hersch when he tried to stop the Magnitsky Act. And now this. It sure sounds like he's getting something from Russia.

Or he has been all along....
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
sonofdad wrote:
trail wrote:

It's interesting to watch how this sort of Russia propaganda strategy has taken hold amongst the MAGAs.

You just put anything and everything out there, some of it even contradictory, because you know different bits of it will resonate with different people but they will all end up on your side in the end because they'll just ignore the incongruous bits.

e.g. Ukraine is just a fake country that is only withstanding Russia because the West is propping it up and Russia had to invade because Ukraine was such a threat it was going to attack Russia at any moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
sonofdad wrote:
trail wrote:

It's interesting to watch how this sort of Russia propaganda strategy has taken hold amongst the MAGAs.

You just put anything and everything out there, some of it even contradictory, because you know different bits of it will resonate with different people but they will all end up on your side in the end because they'll just ignore the incongruous bits.

e.g. Ukraine is just a fake country that is only withstanding Russia because the West is propping it up and Russia had to invade because Ukraine was such a threat it was going to attack Russia at any moment.

I suggest watching the Undeclared War.... it's a British fictional limited series but very on point
Quote Reply
Re: Nord Stream Sabotage [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Nutella wrote:
klehner wrote:
trail wrote:

This seems relevant to what Russia is doing here.

Quote Reply

Prev Next