Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question on tires - Specialized S works Transition 2010
Quote | Reply
Looking for a bit of advice. I am no way a hard core Triathlete - probably around 3/4 short Tri's per year. Being riding the Transition since 2010 still love the bike....thought many times on buying a new ''super'' bike but I always seem to do quite well within my age group at local Tri's (60-64). So the question:-

I have always had clincher Conti TT 23 mm tires on the bike (Zipp 808's from 2014) never had a puncture even in training so never really thought about changing. For all the Transition owners out there what tires do you use? can the Transition take a 25mm tire?

Any feedback most welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: Question on tires - Specialized S works Transition 2010 [AXELLE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much space do you have between your tires and frame and fork?
Quote Reply
Re: Question on tires - Specialized S works Transition 2010 [AXELLE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2010 Transition Pro and I've effectively run 25c training tires. The screws are almost bottomed and the tire almost hits the chain stay. You're probably better getting 24s or undersized 25s but 25s barely work.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on tires - Specialized S works Transition 2010 [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
How much space do you have between your tires and frame and fork?

Quit these useless, pithy responses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i haven't ridden mine for a couple of years - but last time i did was with specialized s-works 26mm tires. i have an original Flo 60 on the front and an old 404 Firecrest on the back. The rear dropouts are horizontal - so i may have moved the screw back to get the tire to fit.
Quote Reply