Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [sailfish Inc.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm much more of a lurker than a regular poster, but just wanted to jump in to add my review since this is a somewhat newer product line in the U.S. and maybe it helps someone on the fence - I had been swimming in a blueseventy reaction for a few years, and despite the fact that it fit fine (and yes I know how to properly wear one), it was a suit that simply restricted my stroke at its rearward extension, so would ultimately be exhausting on my lats and shoulders to swim in. I hadn't raced for several years due to a nagging injury issue that I was finally able to clear up, and so needed a new wetsuit at the start of this season once I was healthy again. I saw Dan's review of sailfish and was intrigued but was a little leery just given the lack of any other reviews and its relatively short time on the market, particularly in the U.S. But I went ahead and purchased two, a Medium Large and a Medium Long, thinking to return the one that didn't fit as well. As it turned out, I should have paid proper attention to Sailfish's online sizing tool, which told me I should be in a Medium (I'm 6'0", 180 pounds, longer torso, shorter legs). I was scarred from constantly battling my blueseventy and so didn't want that constricted feeling in my new suit. Both of the suits I ordered were slightly too large, but I could tell in my test swims that the potential for comfortable swimming was so much greater. I returned them (easily and with Sailfish's excellent customer service - sounds like an ad, but not the case - I actually geeked out and embarrassed myself for a second once I realized it was actually Jan himself who answered the phone when I called to ask a couple of questions) and ordered my Medium. I love it. I was 10 seconds faster per 100 in it than my blueseventy, and that was only over a few hundred yards. Obviously a part of that is the fact that the B70 was getting in my way, but to be that much faster and also feel so much fresher and able to continue afterward was terrific. It feels good on, as much as a wetsuit can, it feels great in the water, stays out of my way during my stroke, and I love how it looks too - I got the Sailfish One, the mid-level blue one which Dan also recommended in his review - I also get little propulsion from my kick.

Functions great, looks great, friendly customer service including being able to test swim and still return, and I've been nothing but thrilled with it. Happy to wish them best of luck going forward-
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone! We've just launched our 2023 sailfish USA Team Sponsorship program!

Check it out and get in touch with us here:

https://us.sailfish.com/pages/team-partnerships

Cheers,
Jan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sailfish Inc. wrote:
Hi folks,

Jan Sibbersen here, founder and CEO of sailfish. We launched our US business this year and will be headed to Kona next week.

To those of you racing Kona: I have swam this Kona course quite a few times (a little faster than usual in 2018 :-)) and believe I can give you some good advice.

Stay tuned on this thread for more info on our Kona activities, valuable give-aways, including our Rebel Swimskins and sailfish training swims during race week!

Aloha,
Jan & Team sailfish USA

Hello,

Are you going to organize training swims this year in Kona?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sailfish Inc. wrote:
Whilst I appreciate and also recommend a lot of variety in swim practices, I strongly believe in standardized sets that are being repeated every week and/or other week leading up to your main race of the season.

Some of the sets I would do are listed below:

thanks Jan, always interesting to see what the fast guys are doing/did..

I got a very nice silicone swim cap from a race this year which has the sailfish name and brand logo, wear it in all my workouts as it's the best-looking swim cap I have..
also didn't realize that sailfish was you ;-) thought it was a new brand, but I see it's just new to the US..
Quote Reply

Prev Next