Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: September Fish Thread (guppies welcome) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Last swim before going to Kona tomorrow, and probably won't do much if anything until the race on Sunday. My patented two day off taper, need to get some good sleep and rest.. Severely undertrained for this 4200+ race, so did a 1650 controlled today to see what pace I might be able to hold. Seems like 1;23+ was ok, but I was getting a little hot in the pool, so wonder if the ocean there will be similar. Figure with a great draft, good pacing and sighting, I might be able to hold those 1;23's, which would dip me just under the hour mark if the course is normal and rightly measured.

So I will have to physically hold myself back at the start for sure, that is my strength to go out hard, but this is just too long and I fear I will have to pay the piper later on...

2x100s@1;40(1;23/1;21)
1650 buoy(23;05--7;05/6;58/6;58/2;04) 150 IM kick
2x500p@7;00(6;21/6;21)200IM kick 4x50 buoy@1;00(38 to 36)
3400SCY in 58 minutes

Packing for Kona, been awhile!!! Am I gonna see any of you fishes there?

I'm off work around 11am tomorrow. Nothing planned between then and forever so really no excuse not to see you. Let me know if you need a sherpa or any type of support.
Quote Reply
Re: September Fish Thread (guppies welcome) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TC,
Swam every day in September. Raced sprint tris every weekend, including a double…which my 66 year old legs hadn’t done in a decade. 4 wins and a second in the AG. 536,000 yards ytd.
Quote Reply
Re: September Fish Thread (guppies welcome) [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, what a month! Nice!
750 m swim (700 sw 50 k)
5k run 24:21
1150 m swim
Shoulder exercises

Second swim
4 x 200 on 330 (308, 305, 259, 300)
50 kick
2 x (100 fast, 50 kick) 1:22, 21

Bike commute total yesterday was 10.3 mi.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been killing it in the pool this week. Coming off a recovery week following a big race, plus I've been under time constraints having to actually go in to work by 9am all week, so it's been a 'how much can I do in 45min' kind of week.

Monday Swim:
2x[200 swim, 4x50 drill]
20x100 on 1:20, keep it smooth and under threshold effort. Started at 1:08, was 1:06 on the last 8
4x50 cool down

3000scy

Tuesday Run:
Tempo 6.5mi @ 6:45/mi avg

Wed Swim
2x[200 swim, 4x50 drill]
6x300 on 4:10 descend. 3:26-24-21-19-16-08 (all swim)
4x50 easy cool down

2800scy
+2.5mi easy treadmill running

Thurs Run:
6.8mi @ 6:58/mi avg

Fri Swim:
2x[200 swim, 4x50 drill]
2x1000 pull. #1 threshold (10:42), #2 stronger (10:21)
4x50 smooth cool down

3000 scy

going camping with the cub scouts tomorrow, hopefully I can get some trail running in early (even though it's like totally against the rules to go off by yourself, nobody has the gall to call me out on it)

-----
Quote Reply
Re: September Fish Thread (guppies welcome) [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
it's been a 'how much can I do in 45min' kind of week.

I often get some really good workouts that way. I have to be careful if I only have, say, 10-20 min (like my swims yesterday) because I tend to get sloppy technique and then shoulder pain from rushing through that sort of short "accumulate yards" swim.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: September Fish Thread (guppies welcome) [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
going camping with the cub scouts tomorrow, hopefully I can get some trail running in early (even though it's like totally against the rules to go off by yourself, nobody has the gall to call me out on it)

it's not like they can keep up with you to catch you and tell you it's not allowed ;-) that gets you 1 run LOL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sept totals for me
swim - 67,616 scy in 23 swims
run - 134.92 mi in 24 runs
bike - 10.3 mi in bike commuting in 1 day

Quote Reply

Prev Next