Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

500+ watts at 93HR (GCN)
Quote | Reply
GCN Alpe Du Zwift with Andrew Feather

90 HR for 500+watts at the end of Alpe du zwift. I don't even think he cracks 100bpm for the entire ride. Note however that he is definitely working HARD - it's not some easy leisure ride like most of us would be outputting at 90bpm. Never seen anything like it.

I'm no Andrew Feather by any stretch, but I also have a weirdly low HR (that in my case doesn't correlate with awesome power unfortunately). In my Zwift races, I'll finish the race at like 130avg HR and almost everyone else is like 160-190. And I'm going all out by the end!

Last edited by: lightheir: Sep 25, 22 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: 500+ watts at 93HR (GCN) [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging by the breathing rate and knowing what power he's doing I think faulty HR reading (is he even wearing a chest strap?) Is more likely than a 93HR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was at 100+ before the start: entirely reasonable after a warm up and wait.
I suggest that the HR sensor / monitor being used (could not see a chest strap) has flicked to half HR (as they do sometimes - and sometimes they go double) and he rode the climb consistently in the180-190 range.
The display on the bars did not have HR shown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ebike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
GCN Alpe Du Zwift with Andrew Feather

90 HR for 500+watts at the end of Alpe du zwift. I don't even think he cracks 100bpm for the entire ride. Note however that he is definitely working HARD - it's not some easy leisure ride like most of us would be outputting at 90bpm. Never seen anything like it.

I'm no Andrew Feather by any stretch, but I also have a weirdly low HR (that in my case doesn't correlate with awesome power unfortunately). In my Zwift races, I'll finish the race at like 130avg HR and almost everyone else is like 160-190. And I'm going all out by the end!

It is definitely wrong. If you Google, there is an article on the guy where he did a lab measured VO2 Max indicating he could have raced (and likely done well) as a professional cyclist. If you see one of the photos, his heart rate peaked at around 194 bpm.
Quote Reply