Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike trainer for a pro athlete in Kona
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm the coach of a young swiss pro athlete who's racing Kona 22 and I try to find a bike trainer (ideally a direct-drive) for her.

If you have one for rent for around 10 days or if possible to use one at a local place (fitness, private house,...), that would be fantastic.

Also if you know someone who know someone who know someone,...

You can help a very talentuous triathlete (3rd at IM Lake Placid 21, 3rd at IM Texas 22, 2nd at IM Brazil 22, 3rd at IM Italy 22) and offer some good training opportunities for her coach ;-)

Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone racing at the Big Island

Denis
Quote Reply
Re: Bike trainer for a pro athlete in Kona [Terrapon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A non direct drive bike trainer is ok too.
Waiting for your offer or idea...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terrapon wrote:
A non direct drive bike trainer is ok too.
Waiting for your offer or idea...

No offer (flying in myself soon) but I have an idea. I just did a quick search on Facebook Marketplace and saw a couple dumb trainers for $40 on there within a 5 mile radius of Kona. Deals might get even better if you expand that a bit.

Good luck on the training and the race!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Bike trainer for a pro athlete in Kona [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven’t access to FB Marketplace of Kona area because I’m in Switzerland. But to buy a used one is a good idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can still search Kona from anywhere if you just change the search settings. I just did it from NYC. I bet you can pre purchase a used one from there and just pick it up when you arrive.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terrapon wrote:
Hi,

I'm the coach of a young swiss pro athlete who's racing Kona 22 and I try to find a bike trainer (ideally a direct-drive) for her.

If you have one for rent for around 10 days or if possible to use one at a local place (fitness, private house,...), that would be fantastic.

Also if you know someone who know someone who know someone,...

You can help a very talentuous triathlete (3rd at IM Lake Placid 21, 3rd at IM Texas 22, 2nd at IM Brazil 22, 3rd at IM Italy 22) and offer some good training opportunities for her coach ;-)

Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone racing at the Big Island

Denis

Just saw this - I have both a Kickr and a Tacx Neo 1 that I could lend her. I’m 40 miles north of Kona, though, just off the bike course a couple of miles north of Kawaihae. DM me, and we can figure something out.

Ian
Quote Reply