Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by bradbowerman
Re: Best gravel shoes? [bradbowerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bont Vaypor G and Giro Sector. I use them both I'm a long time Bont user, people love them or hate them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano Rx8 is my favorite. But getting them on isn't super quick, so that might be a factor for T1 compared to others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For courses where you are unlikely to put your foot down, go with road pedals and shoes.

Otherwise, it really depends what you like in a MTB shoe.
I have narrow feet so Sidi's are my shoe of choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel shoes? [IM-Yeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second for the Rx8, very comfortable and just the right stiffness for long days on dirt. But they are a bit of a PITA to get on/off.

Also had the S-Works Recon. Tad stiffer and a fairly rigid heel cup that holds foot nicely, but along with tongue, takes some time to break in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just replaced my 100 year old Sidi Dominators with a pair of Fiziki Atlas. Love them so far. I did not like the new latches on the new Sidi’s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Bont Vaypor G
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel shoes? [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do they run.. true to size. Sometimes I get a little pain with my VR90s.. looking for something else.
Last edited by: KKG: Sep 23, 22 17:17
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel shoes? [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used their shoe sizer. I ended up with wides. What a game changer for me personally. I have MANY pair of Bonts now. Riot. Zero+ vaypor G and a couple pair of each model. I get the semi custom to match my bike and kit.

Seems people hate or love bont. I love them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a pair of Shimano RX600's. They are about $100 less than the RX800's as they have a nylon sole vs a carbon sole. Stiffness is in between my road shoes and mountain shoes. As others mention they are a little harder to get into compared to my other Sidi shoes. In Xterra and gravel triathlons I put my shoes on before hopping on the bike so these will work just fine.
Last edited by: Herbie Hancock: Jan 29, 23 15:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you like stiff lightweight shoes, I would recommend the Sidi Tigers. I have owned a pair for just over 3 years and have ridden thousands of miles of gravel, including races with all day comfort. Of course, YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel shoes? [IM-Yeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Shimano RX8. Very comfortable. Also agree that they're not the quickest to get on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quoc Grand Tourers II
Quote Reply