Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it
Quote | Reply
I’m curious on the new 12 speed DA Di2 Tt groupo
Anyone actually got one or have one on a bike
If so how’s it work with the semi wireless set up
Is there batteries in shifters or some sort of blimp box (like sram) Conecting the two bar end and base bar shifters , that then Conects to the rear derailleur

Any pics would be welcome
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the r9160 shifters?
They are wired; no batteries, connect to the junction box then to battery pack like the previous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't beleive such a thing exists.
as far as i am aware, the promised 9200 TT shifters never materialised and you still use the old 9160 extension shifters and integrated brake lever/shifters with a firmware update and an adaptor cable - fully wired. though i imagine you could also use the new satellite shifters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the final throes of building up a P5D with DA Di2 12sp. It's fully wired and requires an adapter that lets the old (11sp) wires up front talk to the new (12sp) wires in the back. Shifters are 1-button and there is no "press both to shift the FD" like SRAM so shifting is full syncro - no option to control FD shifts. This page has all the info you need: https://bettershifting.com/...rial-triathlon-bike/

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
I'm in the final throes of building up a P5D with DA Di2 12sp. It's fully wired and requires an adapter that lets the old (11sp) wires up front talk to the new (12sp) wires in the back. Shifters are 1-button and there is no "press both to shift the FD" like SRAM so shifting is full syncro - no option to control FD shifts. This page has all the info you need: https://bettershifting.com/...rial-triathlon-bike/
Ok thanks
Yeah that’s the only thing that puts me off going to the 12 speed (disk break) DA is the synchro shift
I hate it and much rather the old 2 button system , where I’m in control
Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One red flag though.. you never, ever take a photo of your bike with the chain in the inner ring :S
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
the promised 9200 TT shifters never materialised

When was this promised and by who? I don't recall reading anything about a 9200 TT shifter being in consideration for the initial 12sp launch
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Sep 22, 22 22:42
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [guillermoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guillermoD wrote:
One red flag though.. you never, ever take a photo of your bike with the chain in the inner ring :S

I blame the syncro shift!

Also build is incomplete - will either be replacing Ascalon adapter with the low-stack version or cutting the monopost. Bike isn't yet ready for its official photo shoot, just look at that travesty of exposed Di2 cables in the front.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tidy, what wheels are they?
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
... though i imagine you could also use the new satellite shifters

Sort of... not on a pure TT bike though. The new SW-RS801-T/S satellite shifters will only work when plugged into the STI shift levers (ST-R8150/70 or ST-R9250/70)

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [Di2Terry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Di2Terry wrote:
pk1 wrote:
... though i imagine you could also use the new satellite shifters

Sort of... not on a pure TT bike though. The new SW-RS801-T/S satellite shifters will only work when plugged into the STI shift levers (ST-R8150/70 or ST-R9250/70)

Do these work with a R9250 TT set up? Dura-Ace Di2 SW-R9150 Remote Satellite Shifters
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, SW-R9150 will work. There are a couple of things to keep in mind though:

- there must be a wired path/connection between any 11-sp shifter and the battery (or RD).
- The 11sp shifters must be updated before connecting them to a 12sp bike. If you don’t update them, the bike will shut down until the offending component is removed.
(Either update them by installing them on an 11sp bike, or use the SM-PCE02)

You’d generally use EW-AD306 adapter and SM-JC41 junction to connect multiple 11sp shifters to a 12sp bike

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: New shimano 12 speed DA di2 TT anyone got it [Di2Terry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Di2Terry wrote:
Sure, SW-R9150 will work. There are a couple of things to keep in mind though:

- there must be a wired path/connection between any 11-sp shifter and the battery (or RD).
- The 11sp shifters must be updated before connecting them to a 12sp bike. If you don’t update them, the bike will shut down until the offending component is removed.
(Either update them by installing them on an 11sp bike, or use the SM-PCE02)

You’d generally use EW-AD306 adapter and SM-JC41 junction to connect multiple 11sp shifters to a 12sp bike

UCI World Pro Tour photos seem to show that this is the option used by at least Jumbo Visma to augment their base bar Shimano single button shifters. Separately I saw some photos of Kruijswijk‘s P5 using these on his aero extensions.
Quote Reply