Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Sept. 19 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 19 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week: healthy coping skills, strength and journal most days, do stuff to make me faster.

6/7, did not do a good job on strength, yes to journaling, B on the last one

swim: 6x, 15,500 yds
run: 6x, 37 mi

woke up this morning to learn (on FB of all places) that a good friend and colleague back in Maine died, and I am overwhelmed w feelings and just trying to get through the day. Goal today is to be kind to myself.

goals for the week are healthy coping skills and journaling.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 19 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for your loss Dr TC.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 19 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm doing my normal routine today and allowing myself space to feel feelings as they came up. I swam, ran, did some work, taught, and have cried in a colleague's office so far (poor guy made the mistake of asking a casual how are you). :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you are doing OK.

Last week was a competition week for the VR exercise so I spent over 12 hours doing that and my weekly one-hour session of working out with the personal trainer at the gym. We are focusing on the Olympic type lifts (power cleans), squats, deadlifts and then some upper body posterior chain (TRX rows). It's a lot of fun learning the technical side. I also had a VO2 max test, the results of which were horrible. Time to get back walk/jogging and get back on the bike.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey y'all, I just logged back on here for the first time in a long time and I saw TC's update. I'm so sorry to hear about this news, and I hope that you treat yourself extra well.

I'm fine everyone. As could have been predicted, I became a foster parent and got all kinds of chaotic. Still plugging away at triathlon dreams, though plantar faciitis has me only doing awuabikes and having a kind of a chill year. It was going to be chill anyway, it's just enforced now. The upside is that I'm picking up all kinds of hardware since so few women appear to do aquabikes, so I've podiumed at every race this summer, so that's cool.

Take care and have tubs of fun!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 19 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
foster parenting is so cool of you!
I hope your PF clears up.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 19 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, CLM and BingTri. I'm doing better daily; Monday was hard, Tuesday was only marginally less hard. IDK if I mentioned my brother coincidentally had plans to be here this week, so having a relative around - and being on a trip to AR with he and his friend - has been exactly what I needed.

Quote Reply