Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
stevej wrote:
monty wrote:
Well whatever he was doing wrong, he seems to have fixed it!!!

Regardless of how Ben finishes today, someone needs to ask him about his struggles this season and what have they done differently for this race (if anything).

Post #38 explains some things

Thank you. I completely missed that post earlier.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn’t go through 4 pages but I was so excited to see him running with KB yesterday. Super fast swim, always the fastest and best T1 & T2, always get on with the first bike group but he usually fades slowly but not yesterday. I was hoping another win for the US but KB was just too strong. I’ve been following BK’s YouTube channel since the beginning and it looks like next year will be better for him. I really wish all Hoka runners switch to better super shoes because definitely Hoka can’t do the job done. They just throw money at pros for sponsorship but no, they are not up there with other super shoe companies.
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
JimVance wrote:
monty wrote:
Well his coach comes on here from time to time, so he will probably fill us in. He actually did an interview with Bob this week, it was pretty enlightening on what struggles ben has been going through, and how they handled them, right and wrong..

I was laughing when I saw this thread rekindled. Didn’t seem to age well. 🤣

(And I know Monty, you didn’t start it).

Amazing what you can do when healthy and able to train to your ability.

Jim, was Ben running in the new Hoka prototype that they are hyping up?

Yes. And I think Hoka should give Ben a big bonus for today 😆. If you had Ben with the 3rd fastest run split of the day on your bingo card, (less than 20 secs off top split), you hit the jackpot.

Prototype hummmm... Stack height?
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I didn’t go through 4 pages but I was so excited to see him running with KB yesterday. Super fast swim, always the fastest and best T1 & T2, always get on with the first bike group but he usually fades slowly but not yesterday. I was hoping another win for the US but KB was just too strong. I’ve been following BK’s YouTube channel since the beginning and it looks like next year will be better for him. I really wish all Hoka runners switch to better super shoes because definitely Hoka can’t do the job done. They just throw money at pros for sponsorship but no, they are not up there with other super shoe companies.

As Jim stated, Hoka has caught up and their new unreleased model that Ben and Emma were in appears to be pretty fast

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
s13tx wrote:
I really wish all Hoka runners switch to better super shoes because definitely Hoka can’t do the job done. They just throw money at pros for sponsorship but no, they are not up there with other super shoe companies.
As Jim stated, Hoka has caught up and their new unreleased model that Ben and Emma were in appears to be pretty fast
Can't help thinking that Asics design/R&D wallahs will be bouncing a few ideas around.
Five of the top 8 ranked women are running in (and assume sponsored by) Asics, plus Blummenfelt.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
aerobean wrote:
s13tx wrote:
I really wish all Hoka runners switch to better super shoes because definitely Hoka can’t do the job done. They just throw money at pros for sponsorship but no, they are not up there with other super shoe companies.
Can't help thinking that Asics design/R&D wallahs will be bouncing a few ideas around.
Five of the top 8 ranked women are running in (and assume sponsored by) Asics, plus Blummenfelt.

If you go to marathon world, Adidas, Nike and Saucony do well there. Adidas dominated in Berlin except Kipchoge. You will see not many runners with Hokas. I bet Ben Kanute’s run time could have been better if he wore Nike, Asics or other shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but maybe this new prototype is better than nike or adidas so....
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

If that’s true, I’m buying and trying them for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
aerobean wrote:
s13tx wrote:

Duffy and LCB are sponsored by ASICS, I know Paula isn’t. Not sure about others. Don’t think Blum is either.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man Jim, as soon as I saw Ben running down the hill ahead of Kristian, this thread immediately popped into my mind!! Ben looked so strong yesterday. Literally as he ran past my mom and me on Main Street I said to her, "I really really hope Ben stays in this, he's had such a hard year and he's such a fun athlete to watch!" and he did!! Such a cool day and a fantastic result. :)

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

Lol. Highly unlikely. It's possible but would make for a stupid bet. Hoka has been so far behind and the others are on their 2nd/3rd iterations. Extremely unlikely the Hoka will be competitive on their first supershoe try, let alone leapfrog the others.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
aerobean wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Duffy and LCB are sponsored by ASICS, I know Paula isn’t. Not sure about others. Don’t think Blum is either.
Thank you for adding value there. 'Think' and 'not sure'
https://stats.protriathletes.org/rankings/women
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Lol. Highly unlikely. It's possible but would make for a stupid bet. Hoka has been so far behind and the others are on their 2nd/3rd iterations. Extremely unlikely the Hoka will be competitive on their first supershoe try, let alone leapfrog the others.

You mention 2 - 3 iterations of super shoe models, then say this is their first super shoe...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:

You mention 2 - 3 iterations of super shoe models, then say this is their first super shoe...

If you read again: "the others" are on their 2nd or 3rd iteration (4%/Next%/AF, FuelCell v3, Adizero v3, Endorphin v3, Sky+, etc). This is Hoka's first attempt. Their priors were just standard EVA shoes with a plate, a combination which does nothing super.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look how far he's come though...I remember watching him & McDowell & Lukas duke it out at Jr. Nats in Colorado Springs...knew he had potential then to be our next superstar. It's taken a while, but family first, and consistent progress. Jim, knowing you from our USAT L2 coaching cert clinic in San Fran (yes, I did wear that shirt backwards for my presentation!) you are very detail oriented & really care...nobody here to blame aside from knowing Ben is just living life & both of you need to only remember that not a SINGLE road in the world is made with out its bumps. No road is 100% perfectly smooth. Just absorb the bumps and keep on rolling!
Quote Reply

Prev Next